1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

men have it much harder than women!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Thomas Smith, Oct 11, 2017.

1. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

You did not say at all if you had been married. I give you props for being open to dating women your age. How many women have you gone on dates with your age and are you hitting on women say 45 or older? I’m just trying to gage. Why don’t you wait to date older than you but then state that women do? Is it looks? I personally am 40 and would be unlikely to date a 49 year old if I was single. That’s too much older and men in that age range usually have issues in bed and can’t sexually keep up with a woman who’s peaking at 40. I think the closer to your age the better.

2. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Not necessarily...

3. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

I actually have dates coming up with 3 women: ages 39, 49, and 52. The 39-yr-old is a fluke for me, and the 52-yr-old is a rare one that is attractive and also open to a date with me. The 39-yr-old is from eHarmony, the 49-yr-old is from Match, and the 52-year-old is from speed dating. So I'm excited about all this, and I'm in totally unfamiliar territory to have these options simultaneously.

I'm puzzled when you ask "why don't you [want] to date older than you but then state that women do?" Huh? Don't high school freshmen girls want to date senior guys? Don't high school senior girls want to date college guys? Doesn't that trend continue on up the ages, for the most part? Don't women generally date older men? So why are you asking this of me? As to why, yes, of course, looks. Younger women are generally more attractive than older women. There's a chart I saw where they asked women of all ages which age they felt guys looked the best physically. The 30-yr-old women said (roughly) 30. The 40-yr-old women said 40. The 50-yr-old women said 50. Etc. Then they asked the guys. The 30-yr-old guys said (roughly) 21. The 40-yr-old guys said 21. The 50-yr-old guys said 21. Etc. Guys of any age feel that young women are the best-looking, but women in general do not say the same about guys. Now, can a 40-yr-old guy get a 21-yr-old woman? Usually not. But does he wish he could? Usually yes.

4. But aren't women more into personality then guys are, imagine how hard it is to get laid when you're an ugly female

5. Flar

Flar Fapstronaut

I have been there too. You have to accept that some people got it easier in certain situations

Potato93 likes this.
  6. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

I've finished reading Evan Mark Katz's book.
    And about that argument we had last year, we're actually talking about different kinds of change. I understand what you said about changing your approach to dating, therefore, I dont think you should blame yourself in past relationship "failures". And that's why I think the way the author talks about alpha woman is harsh and inappropriate. I'd love a girl that invited me to go to places, that take the first move, that has her own life but also understands that I shouldnt always be the strongest in the relationship. A woman that doesnt argue about doing the dishes because we BOTH do the dishes togheter. Is this a utopy? I dont think so, just good education.

Robbiebob likes this.
  7. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Thanks for following up and sharing your thoughts. What you describe that type of relationship is what many women including myself seek out. But the thing is you are in the minority. I agree that what he says can be harsh but it’s also the truth . I know you are not that way but you are a unicorn. And if you say 20% of men are like you( I don’t know the number I’m being hypothetically. Then of that 20%, 10% are single, 5% are gay, and then the last 5% maybe 1% you are attracted to. So while I like your attitude all I’m saying is there’s not a lot of men like you. So he’s speaking to the majority of men. If we could all find men like you he’d be out of a job lol. You I can tell you personally that in my dating life this holds true. Sometimes you have to be harsh to be heard.

Potato93 likes this.
  8. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Sure, but Heres were we fall into the hole. Percentages, generalization, taking all your experiences and putting a label on them to give him a "voice of truth" just because you had only met terrible guys right now. Come on, it could be ME writing that book. If you give a dog just crap food he will believe there is only crap food in the world. What actually isn't, there are countries, cultures, so many things out there, every percentage you read on the internet, most of them are estimates of things.

9. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I agree that generalizations are not good to make. All I’m saying is that in my years of dating and those of all of my friends both men and women this is how it is.

Potato93 likes this.
  10. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Heheh. The mgtow rabbit hole, some people go pretty deep, huh.

11. Trust_the_Process

Trust_the_Process Fapstronaut

Good stuff here.

12. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Lol your body clocks do run out just like womens! You all get ED, you lose your hair, get flabby. You sperm gets bad, increases the risks of birth defects. You have to take a pill to have sex. I am not quite sur why men are in denial about this stuff. Everyone ages, and yes men lose their looks as well. That’s not what life is about. So much more than looks.

13. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

Yes, but he's right in that women have the upper hand when they are 18-30, and then things begin to shift. Women who are 40 or 50 usually get much less attention than young women, and men often do better as they age a bit. Men suffer when they're young - women suffer when they're old.

14. Hello (sorry for the irrelevant post) (I am new here) but how the hell did you manage to do over 100 days without Orgasm? If your badge is correct then damn you are a badass!

You inspired me to think this is possible haha