1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Men and posting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Right, I'm Friday night tipsy but basically ok.
    I keep commenting on threads (or starting one) and I perpetually get men essentially being argumentative, even if it is not particularly hostile. I am here for self development and I also am imperfect.
    So, women, how does one deal with testosterone?
    I've sort of wanted to ask that question for 25 years.
    In practical terms, a big issue for the planet, it seems to me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. ebbndflow

ebbndflow Fapstronaut

If someone is insisting on being argumentative and confrontational then I either let them know that their tone is unnecessary or just disregard them altogether.

Getting angry only guarantees that the discussion will reach a screeching halt and go nowhere. It's just not worth it. Trying to be an example of civility is important to me in those moments.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  3. Starke

Starke Fapstronaut

Who appointed you as the sole arbiter of truth?

4. Starke

Starke Fapstronaut

Only someone who believes to be right all the time dislikes someone contradicting him.

5. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

Lol, you noticed too? Humor them. Acknowledge their huge cock size and resume with the argument. Argument doesnt get affected and he gets to feel good abut himself.

SirErnest likes this.
  6. ebbndflow

ebbndflow Fapstronaut

Another thing to consider is that ppl who enjoy arguing, even when the other person is clearly annoyed, wants to feel in control of the conversation. Escalating the conversation to an unnecessarily tense situation is a grab for power. These people want to be seen as the one reigning over the other.

As a 27 year old woman, any man who seems to enjoy or have a tendency to engage me in a tense and argumentative way will be told about himself. I will try my best to not shift into his wavelength and remain calm. If this sort of offense continues I will cut them off. Anyone who is comfortable engaging this way is capable of violence in my opinion and I don't want to be around or speak to ppl like that. Some men will only learn when you cease contacting them. I can't stress enough the importance of calm, though. Argumentative ppl are infuriated by this.