1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

memorial day

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brilliantidiot, May 27, 2019.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Heartfelt thanks to all those who gave their lives for our freedom.

2. I appreciate the life you gave for our freedom.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  3. Christian Fox

Christian Fox Fapstronaut

Excuse me, I as a German don't know what/who you Americans remember on this day. Could you enlighten me?

I risk a guess: it has to do with one of our german attempts at world domination?

recon117 and brilliantidiot like this.
  4. brilliantidiot

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering and honoring people who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. The holiday is observed on the last Monday of May.

haha so you aren't exactly wrong

recon117 and Christian Fox like this.
  5. As an American who used to live in Germany I can say that I loved Germany.

Christian Fox likes this.
  6. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

Originaly Memorial Day was for the soldiers who died in the American Civil War. More died there than any other war. But then it was expanded to include other wars.

7. I want badly to visit Germany someday. Looks like a beautiful country.

I have a great desire to visit the Harz mountains. Have you been there?

I first heard about the mountain range when I read the Frederick Marryat werewolf story, “The White Wolf of the Hartz Mountains”. I don’t know what the difference is between Harz and Hartz but I assume it’s the same mountain range.

——-

But back to the main topic. I’m very grateful for all the veterans that fought to keep us free from tyranny. We have Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day. Both honor those that served in the military. Veterans Day remembers all, Memorial Day remembers those that died while in service.

8. brilliantidiot