1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by blacksunempire, Mar 20, 2015.

1. blacksunempire

blacksunempire Fapstronaut

What do you by meditation guys?

2. mikael1

mikael1 Fapstronaut

Meditation definitely works.
    I started by doing 5 minutes, then 10, then 15. Still can't get to 20 mins because of my back - hurts a lot. I still do 10-15mins almost every day. I strengthen my back by sitting straight in office chairs, doing deadlifts (including stiff leg ones).
    One trick I use during meditation is to visualize the numbers (breath counts) going through my body. I find it that the more I occupy my mind, the less likely external thoughts are to creep in.

Good luck!

3. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hello gentlemen. Great post! Not sure exactly when my meditation journey will begin, but reading informative posts such as these gives me little tools to apply once it does! Thanks again!

4. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

Meditation...a practice most effective when done daily.

Start with the half lotus position if you cannot do full lotus. Work your way towards full lotus if possible. I now only sit in full lotus, for 20 minutes at a time. I find my mind is much more single minded in full lotus than while in half lotus, but please sit however you feel comfortable.

As touchtheotherside has said, it is best to start with 5 minutes for a complete beginner. I remember that is how my Teacher told me to start. I worked my way up to 15, then to 30. Now I find 20 most practical, and generally try to sit morning and night daily. Sometimes just the morning as I am tired after work and just want to go to bed.

Also a meditation teacher is crucial as your practice deepens.

Daily is key.

5. teejay12

teejay12 Fapstronaut

I am new to nofap, but i do agree and strongly feel that meditation will be of great help to all of us who are sailing in the same boat. It will be difficult initially as you guys say, but good things don't come easy and fall right on your platter. I guess same is the case with meditation and is worth making a part of your routine.
    Good Luck.Thank you.

6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Hey man! There are these many kinds of meditations on Youtube...but what you described, I think that is the best kind, I think! Thanks for sharing.

7. The Eleven

The Eleven Fapstronaut

Meditation is a lifesaver. There are many good books on the subject, too. I highly recommend "Mindfulness in Plain English" by Gunaratna.