1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation techniques?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Familymanbrad, May 16, 2017.

1. Familymanbrad

Familymanbrad Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I see a lot of guys posting on here that meditation has helped them. I was hoping some could post their meditation techniques or strategies so I could learn from them! I have not done much meditating in my life. Thanks!

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  2. Check the second link in my signature for a guide to great mindfulness meditation.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I use a word when I meditate. You can use any word you like that has a positive feeling to it such as Love, Beauty, Truth or you can make up a word which has no meaning. I then meditate as per usual. Breathing deeply in through the nose and out through the mouth however I use the word over and over as a chant. It serves as a thought-stopping device whereby I am kept in the moment rather than my mind intrusively throwing things into my path. It works really well. Even when I am really panicky and find myself playing things over and over in my mind, by thinking on the word and saying it over (whether verbally or just in my mind) it serves to calm me down and bring me back into the moment. It might work for you.

I Free I likes this.
  4. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Sounds like a great concept, I am going to try this as well .

It's called a "mantra" . Thanks .

6. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

You're very welcome. Have fun!

I Free I likes this.
  7. Familymanbrad

Familymanbrad Fapstronaut

Great thanks for the replies guys! I will start with some of these techniques tomorrow morning!