1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation Challenge - 60 days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by meatsandwich, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Without PMO, I have time now for two rounds every day for asanas, pranayama, meditation and other strong life-supporting activities. 'The replacement' is starting to drastically reduce the urges and cravings for PMO. (Give the brain a new toy to play with and it will stop crying and settle down.)

Duellant and Awakeatlast like this.
  2. skyhit

skyhit Fapstronaut

MISSED MEDIATION AND RELAPSED IN PMO.
    why?

3. stephanD

stephanD Fapstronaut

14/30 - managed to do another weekend, which is normally when I forget or miss a meditation due to routine change. Feeling good about it almost half way to my next goal.

4. I also became a $10/month continuous giver to NoFap on the premise of 'helping me, help them' sincerity. And our investment will strengthen our resolve to create a new, better life for ourselves!

5. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

o_O I didn't really get it started yet.
    Now is the time. I WILL make it a routine.

6. Staying away from pmo (that'll never be capitalized again), I now have enough extra time to enjoy before bed with what I call The Sanctuary, which is meditation, reading an uplifting book and seeing an inspirational video on YouTube, such as Clif High, Eckhart Tolle, classic Art Bell, and others. I burn incense and candles through it. It's higher chakra stimulation, contrary to chatting and tipping camgirls and stroking my pole, thinking that'd be a great way to end the day. (Have a great journey, Art! Broadcast to us from the other side!)
    [​IMG]

stephanD, Duellant and Awakeatlast like this.
  7. almar

almar Fapstronaut

I was thinking about meditating for a long time but didn't quite get to it. Guess now I will.

8. stephanD

stephanD Fapstronaut

day 15/30 want to see that little 30 day streak star light up in headspace.

upload_2018-4-18_8-36-53.png

Attached Files:

9. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

I actually did 10 full minutes.....accomplished.

10. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

I actually did 10 full minutes. Accomplished

stephanD and Awakeatlast like this.
  11. heartasbigasocean

heartasbigasocean Fapstronaut

I never meditate before, which method should I use for a beginner like me?

12. A good start is to sit comfortably so that you won't be restless for at least 20 minutes. Then I would select a piece of ambient music that produces a very good contemplative pull that would help you have that good mind/body relaxation. I'll give you two good links for music as an example. During meditation with eyes closed, you simply accept and witness the thoughts and feelings that come and go like the clouds that pass over in the sky. Don't strain at anything. Observe the breath. As your relaxation deepens, it will seem that you are breathing through the abdomen. Then you might feel the calm pressure of the forehead area like someone is gently pressing a thumb there, like being blessed. Your best experiences may be of deeper awareness, deep silence and profound relaxation. Many times I'd feel so deep that my jaw will drop and I just want to stay immersed in my peace for over an hour.

heartasbigasocean and stephanD like this.
  13. heartasbigasocean

heartasbigasocean Fapstronaut

Is it okay to do it on my bed ?
    Or do I have to do it on the floor ?

14. Either is okay. If you lie on your back, just make sure you're not too sleepy. Remember not to reject or hang onto any thoughts. This technique is similar to zazen.

15. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

No. Just quiet mind.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  16. stephanD

stephanD Fapstronaut

wow 45 mins is lots. I'm doing 10 but felt this morning that I would like to make time to do more.
    Day 17 and happy that I am developing this new habit.

17. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

Another 10 minutes ......of meditation tomorrow will strive for 15 minutes

18. Day 1
    I meditated today and yesterday for 10 minutes. It's hard for me to stick to this habit. I'm too lazy to do it when I can do it, while it's quiet and there's nobody at home, and than when I want to do it, I can't because it's too loud...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Deleted Account and stephanD like this.
  19. stephanD

stephanD Fapstronaut

Keep at it, and it'll become a habit. Sure some days I don't feel like meditating but the way I feel after is always worth it.

Future role model likes this.
  20. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

Made it to 15 minutes. Will continue with this until i can go 30 minutes. Not easy to keep still but it is worth it