1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation Challenge - 60 days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by meatsandwich, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Day 29
    last night skipped
    this morning 13

Deleted Account and Skielr like this.
  2. Day 4
    I am bombarded by so many thoughts during my morning meditation. During my night meditation however, my brain is more at peace and the random thoughts aren't nearly as relentless. I might increase my morning meditation time due to this fact.

3. Skielr

Skielr Fapstronaut

Day 9
    Meditated before sleep as usual. Didnt get any big problem with focusing this time. During the day I felt great and had a lot of energy and motivation.Thats all for today cause Im really sleepy.see ya

Deleted Account and PowerfulSRE like this.
  4. PowerfulSRE

Day 30
    last night skipped
    this morning 21

5. Day 11

A lot of sunlight visualizations to help understand better the feeling in the body of letting go and repeat it often to help with awareness and smooth relaxed movements when not meditating

Visualization is from headspace balance pack

6. Finally tried to meditate this morning, but I couldn't even finish my body scan. My focus was way off, I'll probably try again today.

7. PowerfulSRE

Day 31
    last night skipped again. Tonight I will not skip. I need that one more meditation, for at least 10 minutes.
    this morning, only 12 mins, I was unable to concentrate for 1 min, my thoughts where in a entirely diferent place... but I will improve, starting tonight.

I hope you guys are all doing well. Keep fighting!

8. I've tried again today, but I couldn't calm my mind. I can't stop thinking about the presentation I have to hold tomorrow, I'm full of ideas. I'll try meditating again later, maybe it will give me even more ideas.

9. PowerfulSRE

I know how you feel, I have some big thing tomorrow too, and I am so nervous. I think I never had this amount of stress.

Meditation will help in this kind of situation. Try to meditate for at least 5 minutes, just sit and think about your body, try to relax. 5 minutes is better than 0. Or go online and watch some course for meditating, watching how to meditate can be relaxing the same as meditation.

Day 32
    Last night, finally - 16
    This morning - 16

10. Skielr

Skielr Fapstronaut

Day 10
    I skipped my before-sleep meditation on Friday and Saturday(busy hanging out with friends/family) , but meditated for a while in the afternoon.
    I will continue my count excluding this 2 days, because I wasnt satisfied with quality of those meditations.
    See you tommorow!

11. PowerfulSRE

Day 32
    last night skipped
    this morning 20

12. Skielr

Skielr Fapstronaut

Day 11
    Meditated but had some trouble with focus, today it should be better.
    I can see less activity here recently :(

13. Day 12

Had a rough few days, still meditated but perhaps didn't put quite enough effort in, meditation seems to be a fine balance of awareness and letting go/relaxation

When i am either tired or not aware enough i drift in thought repeatedly, but it must be a soft sustainable awareness, still very much getting the hang of this

Really great to be at 200 days though, onward to a year now

14. PowerfulSRE

WOW Congrats on 200 days!

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. PowerfulSRE

I relapsed yesterday and I noticed that after a relapse I have trouble with meditating. I am unable to concentrate, my thoughts are hurting me and I can't last long.
    Day 33
    last night 5
    this morning 13

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Sometimes it's nice to sit through it even if you gently have to bring yourself back to awareness 100 times

Even the best can be lost in thought though, i read a few books from this lifelong meditator and retreat go-er who runs this meditation clinic and even he forgets to be present a lot in life, rushes around sometimes and gets lost in thought during meditation

I think it's a lifelong practice, a cumulative effect

17. Skielr

Skielr Fapstronaut

Day 12
    Meditated for around 15 minutes in the evening and for a couple of minutes in the afternoon. Found good focus and relaxation.
    Noticed that when overthinking or old bad habits are trying to get in my head, im able to recognize them and genlty let them go.
    I also found myself being more productive and managing my time better.

PowerfulSRE and Contentful T like this.
  18. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

May not be in daily.

Day 9.

PowerfulSRE and Skielr like this.
  19. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I can feel my brain is becoming more stable. At least my concentration was feeling stronger and more visceral honing in on the single object of my meditation.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

PowerfulSRE and Skielr like this.
  20. Skielr

Skielr Fapstronaut

Day 14
    I didnt post yesterday but did my meditation.
    Changes in my mind are already amazing...
    Being on no pmo and meditating are really the best choices of my life.
    See you, and if you are reading this, post something from yourself :)

PowerfulSRE and Contentful T like this.