1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meal plan

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Karimtolstoi, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

Can you recommend me a meal plan that I can follow along with wiehtlifting to gain mass. My body type is ectomorph I am 26 years, my height is 1m78cm and my weight is between 75 and 76 kg.
    I used to go to the gym but I stopped for a while since I haven't noticed a good progress and I think the reason was I didn't reflect on what I eat.

Now I plan to begin a training program for 90 days and I really want to succeed. Any advices?!

2. Add meal replacement shakes to your regular diet. Clean your plate every meal and train hard. I'm an ectomorph as well. I was super skinny until my early to mid twenties when I started to work out and force feed myself. The advantage to being an ectomorph is that you can build and maintain a nice lean physique without all the bulk. Good luck!

Karimtolstoi likes this.
  3. Your body type isn't ectomorph, there's no such thing. The whole ectomorph endomorph thing was made up by a psychologist as a means of classifying different peoples personalities by their body types, and is complete hogwash and pseudoscience.

Everyone can gain mass just the same. If you're not gaining mass, you're not eating enough calories, it's as simple as that. Nothing to do with "body type" or anything else. Eat more. It's really that simple.

You don't need a meal plan, you just need to track what you eat and ensure you hit a daily caloric goal. The classic person who considers themselves an "ectomorph" will often go on about how much they eat and how they're still not gaining weight - but as soon as you start tracking what you're eating, you'll discover that you're consuming far too few calories, and simply need to increase what you're eating.

Weigh yourself every morning before you eat or drink anything (as soon as you wake up). Each week take the average of all those daily weigh ins as your weekly weigh in. Then, the week after, compare your previous weigh in to this one. If your weight hasn't changed or has gone down, increase calories by 200-300 and re-assess in another week's time. If your weight has gone up, but only a tiny bit, add ~100 calories each day, and re-assess in a week. If your weight has gone up too fast, drop 100-200 calories and re-assess in a week. Keep adjusting as need be.

It's worth noting that it's true that some people will have to eat more to gain weight than others, but how much you need to eat is related to: your current mass, and your activity level. If you're skinny (which I'm guessing you are if you describe yourself as an ectomorph) then I guarantee you don't need to eat that much to gain weight right now, unless you're running/cycling/swimming 6 times a week or something.

Seb123 likes this.
  4. sure anyone can gain mass. I'm 6,1 and have weighed anywhere from 170 -210lbs...but you can't make the claim that these different body types don't exist. there's a little more to it than just being able to add muscle mass. For instance, someone who is a so-called ectomorph could build bigger biceps, chest, quads or whatever, but how would they go about thickening their knees, ankles, wrists, or fingers? I think that those last things I mentioned are big factors in defining the different body types.

5. Billyshears_2008

Billyshears_2008 Fapstronaut

Go to the gym and find a person that you want to look like. Ask the to help you with your work outs and meal plans.

Karimtolstoi likes this.
  6. Different body types exist, but there is no such thing as an "ectomorph" or an "endomorph".

These somatotypes were literally personality types invented by a psychologist to begin with. The idea was that Ectomorphs were these skinny lanky types who were shifty and untrustworthy. Endomorphs were these short stocky types who were typically of lower intelligence. Mesomorphs were your "normal" person. The broscience world of fitness then adopted the terms for itself.

Here's a video about why those terms are complete bs:

Wrist size, ankle size, shoulder width etc don't affect how quickly or easily you put on muscle - they simply affect how you look with that muscle.

Here's a nice example of your small wrists, small hands, and small ankles "ectomorph":

[​IMG]

7. I don't disagree with you about the invention of these somatotypes. I was simply making the point that there are different body types. You can drop those three terms and call it what you'd like.
    That picture of Arnold is a good example. As I said in my first response, I think that the so called "ectomorph" or skinny guy has a lot of advantages when it comes to building the physique that they want. I started out as a lanky guy and ate and lifted my way to the size and shape that I wanted by the time I was your age. Oh, and not for nothing, but Arnold did use steroids.