1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation: a Violation of the Natural Law

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

If we just try to look at the universe in a more profound way and analyze things we can find answers to the most basics of our questions like, is masturbation bad? Is it unnatural? Is it a sin to do it? We may not have the same vision like God but it doesn't really necessarily take a genius to answer such questions as basic as these. The universe works in perfect harmony like it's a system of systems and everything that exists is there for a reason, for a certain purpose. Let's take water for instance, it's created to quench thirst, a medium for cleansing like when we take baths, and also to fill bodies of water where it acts as a medium for living for aquatic animals, and countless other purposes. Now if we use water against its natural purpose then we're violating the very nature what it is intended for. Let's say you have an enemy and you push him to the pool so he will drown. Now, not because water has its inherent ability to drown humans and we can do it, doesn't mean we should do it. A knife can also be inherently useful when used in the kitchen for preparing dishes but can also be used for murder. It all actually boils down on how people use things. This is where sin takes place, we were given brain to discern what's right and what's wrong. So anything that violates the very nature of things like for their intended purposes is ideally bad, wrong, and sinful. So apply it to masturbation, and you'll see that whenever you do you'll realize that you're violating the very nature why penis and semen were created in the very first place not for self-pleasuring but for the ultimate goal of impregnating a woman, for procreation. Any other purposes are just secondary or supplementary, the rest are illogical. I hope I get to answer some of people's most asked question.

PS: I'm afraid I'll get judged again for imposing my views so to be clear, I'm not asking questions, I'm giving away my ideas and for those who will appreciate I'll be glad I'm able to help, otherwise I'll try not to get affected. :)

FxAmijElleJr and Colin75 like this.
  2. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

What do you make, then, of the fact that masturbation allows for more robust sperm, and abstinence decreases motility (makes it less likely to impregnate a woman)?

You are thinking about things which is really good. Sex was ultimately created by God, and that God said "Let us make man in our image," then "male and female he created them," and then command us to make little people in our image, as he made us in his, is worth contemplating and can tell us a lot about him. You might really like this series on sex and sexuality from a Christian/Biblical perspective: http://www.themeetinghouse.com/pageid/1738/

3. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

I would also be cautious about claiming to know the purpose for things, and from oversimplifying what an object's use is (like claiming it only has one use). To do so is to put yourself in God's place, and he has some pretty stern things to say about that:

"Who is this that obscures my plans
    with words without knowledge?
    Brace yourself like a man;
    I will question you,
    and you shall answer me...."

4. @Flyhigh you have some decent points in your op and I agree with some of them.

Flyhigh likes this.
  5. Where is the proof of this?

Flyhigh likes this.
  6. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Lol I'm sorry I don't want this thread to become a debate once again. I made it clear that I'm not like the all-knowing God, so I don't know everything. Plus I never said that things have only one use so I made examples, did you read before you react? Plus I've never seen animals masturbated which makes me question whether humans are really more intelligent than men. Animals don't masturbate and are able to reproduce, I don't know where you get that fact that masturbation can increase sperm motility and abstinence can do the opposite, maybe from an avid wanking fan?

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  7. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

8. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

9. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

His proof is from the knowledge of man, mine's from the word of God which is unshakable.

Davidphd1866 and Deleted Account like this.
  10. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Animals don't masturbate?! Bonobos, dolphins, dogs, whales, elephants, porcupines, bats, squirrels, iguanas, turtles, penguins...all kinds of critters masturbate! The loudest sound produced by an animal is a bug stroking it, even! (Although, granted, it may not be masturbation, but we won't know for sure until we ask one).

11. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Let's say they do, hypothetically speaking, they are animals just because they do you will do as well? If they eat their poop you will eat yours too? You're funny. I like your sense of humor. :D:p

12. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Nice. Who made man, again? And in whose image?
    Real loving response, btw. Maybe spend more time reading the Bible and you'll figure out what it means.

13. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

You're funny I like you. :D

14. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

A lot of great thoughts here.

I have a brother who smokes pot. Addicted to it. Rest assured he tells me of all the wonderful things it does. He even treats me with derision because I won't agree and say "it's good for you".

Is masturbation REALLY "good"? Or are we saying so because we want to create a reason to do it so we don't feel guilty?

To me it's pretty clear: God wants us to be fruitful and multiply. (Genesis) NoFap makes you desire a woman more......makes you want to "spill your seed in her"..... Masturbation doesn't seem to support this command from God to be fruitful and multiply.

And, yes, I am certainly a sinner. So I am writing from that perspective.

Deleted Account likes this.