1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Maritally separated AND Nofap.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Fallensoldier1, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

So I am super lonely!! Not only am I struggling with the issues of Nofap, the stress, depression, anxiety, loneliness, and all the other withdrawals. But I’m also separated from my wife and 3 kids, and there has been talks of divorce.

I don’t have any friends either. I have a few people that text me every so often and ask how things are. All they say is “stay strong” “keep praying” “it will be better. That’s all nice stuff to say, however it doesn’t help. I know people try to be nice, but words can’t help right now. I’m soooo lonely. I’m so desperate for female touch and interaction, but I don’t want to cheat on my wife, I love her, and I miss her.

We are still married even if we are separated, to me, and God, it would still be cheating.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t having suicial thoughts.

I just wanted to vent. And anyone else that’s lonely, let’s all talk! Let’s get this loneliness out!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

That's normal. Where it branches off into co-dependency land, is when only certain things will help that loneliness (being w/ wife, being with female, being with anything, really).
    If you find peace within yourself, your loneliness will diminish. It will still come, but you can understand, that only you have the power to not be lonely.
    *I hope that makes sense...my brain is having a hissy fit today ;)
    My friend, think of your kids!
    They need you whether you & mom stay married or not.
    My mother insisted her & I take the kids to see Santa tonight at the tree lighting our city was having for Christmas. Can't say no to someone with cancer, so, off we went.
    It was soul crushing & lonely; sobering.
    Here I was, with toddlers who think Santa is scary, a mom who is in this weird control phase of her cancer journey, & everywhere I looked there were fucking happily married couples & kids.
    The loneliness I felt, while having to fake a smile for my entourage, zapped me. BUT, I made it. I came home, got kids to bed & immediately started editing photos. Now, I am not lonely. I rode that wave & let it pass, not daring to let it stick around.

3. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Hug! **

0111zerozero11 likes this.
  4. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Received & embracing

Kenzi likes this.
  5. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

That’s good you were able to be strong and come home not to be lonely. I am actually doing better now than when I posted this thread. I went to Walmart and like you, I seen couples and kids everywhere. Smiling and laughing and Christmas shopping. It hurt.

I’m really sorry for your sick mother!! I’m sorry for your marital situation as well. Once again if you need to talk and vent, I’m here for you!

Also about the suicidal thoughts, someone once pointed out to me, what If I’m the gateway to leading my kids to Christ? And if I don’t do it, they wouldn’t know him like I do.. that’s enough to make you stop and think of your self worth.

Ps, where’s my hugs? :( lol

Atlanticus and 0111zerozero11 like this.