Male, 31 - Seeking mutually supportive AP...

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by Samaya, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Samaya

Samaya New Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I'm Male, 31, live in New Zealand, seeking AP. I'm open to what this might look like... my feeling is that a weekly, mutually supportive check-in would work well for me... private messaging to start and open to voice chat if it feels comfortable.

I've been doing PMO on average around 3 times a week for 15 years. I have heavier binge periods at times, but also some periods 3-4 months clean. Lately I've been pretty good but relapsing every couple of weeks.

I'm very much committed to a (universal) spiritual/transformational path. I particularly enjoy buddhist philosophy and meditation practice. I care a lot about our planet and those we share it with. It is my aspiration to live a wholesome, meaningful and helpful life.

PMO is not compatible with this aspiration for many reasons. It's very much a distraction/escapism for me, it doesn't serve anyone and creates all sorts of issues and inner conflict in my life. I also have a wonderful new partner and I'd rather this old habit didn't get in the way of that.

My goal ultimately is to give up P completely/forever and MO less often. In my experience setting a finite goal has been helpful so 90 days is what I'm committed to right now.

Let me know if you think I might be a suitable AP for you. I would love to do what I can to support and encourage anyone who needs help with this affliction. We can do this :)

2. need4realchg

need4realchg Fapstronaut

Hey man, not sure if I am qualified to hold you accountable, lol; i was kinda holding you would hold me accountable! well, I think even opening up on here was a huge step for me; I don't know what all to put here as a application, I think it's crazy, but good I am open for something. I hate to be judged, and that has kept me away from any kind of "buddy system". Maybe I'd hate checking in, I don't know, but I have started working out this year and have been really inspired with the results, I think I can kick this thing, so even if I'm from the complete opposite side of the globe and spiritual persuasion, I'd be up for the challenge. Even if it's to do it for a week and see if I can survive.

hit me up bro.

3. Djunderduress

Djunderduress New Fapstronaut

Hey there I'm interested in spiritualism and helping the earth stuff like that my issues are with drugs aswell keen for support relationship

4. I can definitely do with the support and believe that I can assist you on your journey. Let me know. Thanks.

5. Xuraseboy

Xuraseboy Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I am also 31 and have been relapsing again and again. I did see nofap improvement but couldn't shun PMO. Now , I am doing nofap again but I don't feel the urges that came so strong during my earlier nofap periods. And I think I am going through flatline. But I want to ask if the chances of recovery decrease with repeated relapses or it takes longer to recover ?