1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Make your bed

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Old Fogey, May 20, 2019.

1. Old Fogey

Old Fogey Fapstronaut

This is something you should do first thing every morning (with maybe some exceptions for trips to the bathroom if necessary). There are lots of benefits to making you bed.

1. You have now accomplished the first task of the day. You now have the momentum to complete another task, then another, then another.
    2. A made bed will make your entire room tidier.
    3. Making your bed reinforces the value of doing the little things (hint: If you can't do the little things in your life, you'll never be able to do the big things either)
    4. If you have a terrible day, you will come home to a bed that is made. At that point you can say "well, at least I did one thing right today".
    5. A made bed is more comfortable to sleep in at night. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

And for God's sake, don't do this as another fucking challenge! Just do it. This is something you can do in under five minutes a day, but the benefits over time are definitely worth it.

2. Tzion

Tzion Fapstronaut

Plus your spouse will appreciate it being done.

Old Fogey and Deleted Account like this.
  3. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

oh come on! Just a 30 days challenge, it’s not that bad! Lol

Thanks for the tips, I usually put it off because I’ll be back in bed in a few hours. But it’s like not washing the dishes because... you’ll eat from them in a few hours haha

Cheers mate!

Old Fogey likes this.
  4. Enigma897

Enigma897 Fapstronaut

you got this from a youtube video with a guy from the navy seal lol

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I sleep in a hammock. The alternative for lazy people.