1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Low / Zero Carb Diet for treating Type II Bipolar Disorder

For Fapstronauts interested in mental health.

1. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Been going deep on this site recently. People seem to be healing all kinds of things from arthritis to brain cancer.

Anyhoo, here's the link to an interview story of a lady's journey mostly centred on the diet:

https://zerocarbzen.com/2016/10/04/zero-carb-interview-amber-ohearn/

Interesting and makes sense that she notes 'excessive alcohol consumption' can trigger symptoms.

"
    22. What benefits have you experienced since beginning a Zero Carb diet? (i.e. recovery from illness, overall health, body composition, exercise performance, hormonal, mental or psychological, etc)

I lost over 60 pounds eating this way, but the most important benefit was that my Type II Bipolar Disorder, which mainly manifested as severe suicidal depression, is in complete remission. I’ve been off all psychiatric drugs since I started eating a carnivorous diet, and the only times I’ve had symptoms are when I have done experiments with plant foods, supplements, or had excessive alcohol consumption. "

Toni7 likes this.
  2. This has nothing to do with personality disorders. o_O

3. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Awesome.

Could easily have posted in anxiety / depression but am awaiting more first hand experience.

Toni7 likes this.