1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for some opinions

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Far Racer, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Far Racer

Far Racer New Fapstronaut

I've just started NoFap not long ago, and have been going for 8 days now without any PMO. However, I was interested in other opinions about something that happened to me.

Last night, I went to sleep for the night just fine. However, I woke up this morning with a vague memory. I was starting to M (no P involved), but caught myself and thought: "What are you doing? Stop." I did stop before actually having O. I'm thinking that's all well and good, but I'm not exactly happy I started in the first place.

My issue is, I'm not certain if I woke up in the middle of the night, barely conscious, and decided to do it, or if it was a dream. If it was a dream, I don't think of it as even a reset (I didn't start consciously, but did stop consiously), but if I was awake, I'm thinking I should at least mark it as a reset (if not a full relapse).

I'm not looking for answers as to what I should feel off the back of this, but I'd like some additional opinions.

2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

If you woke up masturbating, and stopped as soon as you were conscious that you were, it's not a reset. I've woke up before when I was masturbating in my sleep. Only conscious, voluntary masturbation and orgasm are resets. If you masturbate in your sleep, that's involuntary. If you have a wet dream, that's involuntary.

Was there something about the way you were sleeping that may have been stimulating your genitals in your sleep, such as wearing pajamas, not wearing pajamas, pillow placement, etc.? If you think there may be a reason, try taking measures to correct it, and perhaps it won't happen again.

BTW, hello and welcome!

3. That is your mind in your sleep, nothing you did while you were aware. You're good, keep it up.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  4. Take it easy dude! Nofap is about improving yourself, being more aware and present in life. It is not about shame, self-blaming behaviors and instant change to heroes.

Hitto likes this.