1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely summer

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jul 7, 2017.

1. I am off for summer vacation. I am in between my sophomore and junior year of college. I have not been able to secure and summer job, and I have no friends that love near me. My mom and sister are always gone and I feel lonely.

I have no money. I do not know what to do. I want to hang out with a girl and have fun. I have no idea where to find friends and hang out. I am lonely and I feel like I am losing my mind.

2. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

Life can be difficult when we feel isolated all the time, I feel you. I was out of work for a month and a half on medical leave, and it felt like I was going crazy!

The one piece of advice I can give you is to not give up looking for that job. Work on that every single day until you hear from someone. In my *personal* experience, getting a job helped me get out of the house, become more social, and make life-long friends. I ended up killing multiple birds with one stone!

Have faith that things will work out for you, especially when it seems hopeless. I promise you will eventually be rewarded for your patience.

Connor21, jest and Powerous like this.
  3. @Daniel856512114 Hi. When I was your age very few teenagers in my country thought about getting a summer job. Lots of teenagers would help their parents, even with hard work, though. Others, like me, were supposed to study and read. We were very lonely. The fact that you have the possibility to find a job and befriend people is great and should motivate you to keep on looking for a job.

Meanwhile, you may take up exercising, jogging, mountaineering, or BJJ. If you don't have any money, you could go to your school gym or search youtube for ways of exercising at home. I wouldn't recommend weight-lifting at your age, because it slows down or even stops your growth. Also, you may consider volunteering if you can't find any job. There are lots of people out there who need help. And this could be a good opportunity to make friends and know a girl.

If you are respectful, punctual, kind and committed, I don't see why you couldn't at least be accepted as a volunteer by an organization.

Connor21 and vulture175 like this.
  4. Genji

Genji Guest

Been there before bro. Start some self-improvement, learn a language, start going to the gym, learn an instrument, find a part time job. Good luck

Connor21 and SilentJay313 like this.
  5. You are not alone in feeling lonely though. And remember that loneliness is just a feeling. Maybe you are not alone at all. Look around you. Do you know a friend you can call? call him!

Connor21 likes this.
  6. PI_Mathis

PI_Mathis Fapstronaut

I'm in somewhat in the same boat. I have a summer job, but it requires me to spend my time in front of a computer at home.

NF SINCE BIRTH and vulture175 like this.
  7. MarloweArcher

MarloweArcher Fapstronaut

Make getting a job a job. Every day M-F, get up and go search
    for one in your city, go into places and ask if they need any help - retail/stores to businesses/offices; or go ask someone in the trades (plumber, carpenter, electrician, etc). Or go get an internship/apprenticeship at a career/place you want to work. I understand you won't be paid but you will learn skills both in the profession, communication skills, thinking skills android will meet people. When you get the gig, work hard, be reliable, ask questions, ask what else can I do?

While you are spending time searching, what are things you want to learn yourself? Can you cook for yourself - learn how; a topic you want to study? Go to the library.

Take some time everyday to do some exercise. It doesn't have to be at a gym. Push-ups, sit ups, and burpees are free. Library and YouTune have plenty of yoga, strengthening videos.

TL/DR. Get up and go do somethingS. Sitting around at a pity party for yourself isn't going to change the situation.

Connor21 likes this.