1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Literally feel at the end

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Daredevil99, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Daredevil99

Daredevil99 Fapstronaut

I'm 23 and recently lost my job, I didn't have any social life during work just found it hard to meet people I could hang out with. Since I left I've not been able to find more work I live at home and I just feel so low even making it difficult to find motivation to want to work. Even this weekend for haloween everyone will be going out and I have 0 people to do it with I feel like just giving up please give me some advice ive tried everything

2. It's a difficult spot that you find yourself in. I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass and tell you things will get magically better overnight. I will tell you that you need to take step back and try to reset so that you can focus more on moving forward. I would recommend getting up and going and doing something completely unexpected or spontaneous. Take a trip, go to a museum, or some other fun thing that you can do to get you mind off your current situation. Do something to pamper yourself and focus on ways to take care of yourself. Once your head is in a better place, then you can focus on a job, friends and family.

Often we are so consumed by the turmoil of the dark place we find ourselves in, that we do not have perspective on how to change what we need to change and to focus on getting to better place. I can say that this is something that I struggle with and it's not easy, but try to stay positive and look for the things that you can control and make positive modification to help move you in the direction that you want to go.

Hit me up if you just need to chat, I more that happy to be a sounding board.

3. Gewinner98

Gewinner98 Fapstronaut

Been there. Totally feel you and absolutely agree with Robie.
    Because during these period I alos had 0 friends, a lor of people around me thinking I m weird and crazy, I had no confidence at all. I just went on a trip through Europe and it made me forget about anything. During that trip I was fully concentrated on myself and my life, met a lot of new people, visited some amazing places. So when I came back, there was no miracle, I did n t turn to a super alpha male. But I felt a big confidence boost and things started work out properly for me. In two month after I finished my trip, I ve lost my virginity. I was 18.
    So, dude, my advice is do something new. It can be a new hobby, travelling to another place, extreme self improvement. You just need to feel yourself passionate about something, feel yourself "in the moment" I hope you understand what I mean and ll do something about your life. And remember you need to literally DO something. Waiting for your life becoming better by itself in a magical way is not an option.
    And remember, nobody was there for me at that period to tell me the things I wrote you. I was absolutely alone, constantly thinking about suicide. But I ve managed to get through it successfully. I ve managed and so can you!
    Good luck.

4. James0224

James0224 Fapstronaut

Watch this: it will give you a motivation boost.

Things WILL get better.

Don9087 likes this.
  5. thelampislow

thelampislow Fapstronaut

I feel you bruh and I understand you on the halloween situation. I know how this makes you feel, it hurts inside, and it used to hurt me too. I got invited to just one halloween event in my life. I don't care for halloween at all but there are concerts and events coming up that I really really want to go to but have no one to go with. F*ckin sucks cause I really wanna go! But I know that if I made the effort to build up my confidence, to get out of my comfort zone, and make new friends, then I wouldn't be in this situation. Since I didn't, this is my own doing and therefore I can only be upset at myself. And.. I am upset at myself.

However, my advice would be to better yourself. Don't compare yourself with others, compare yourself to yourself. If you don't work out then work out. Get that 6 pack. This will build your confidence up like no other. If you already have a 6 pack, then like the other fellas before me suggested.. Travel! If you don't have anybody to travel with, travel by yourself I highly recommend it. Message me, I can send you a few companies that specialize in solo travel, I've done one myself and it was amazing, I'll be doing more in the near future. Traveling by yourself will break you out of your comfort zone and also you will meet so many new people on your journey from all over the world.

I'm still working on bettering myself and building up my confidence so that I can make new friends this year and do all these things I want to. Remember, these are all variables that can be changed with gradual effort so don't give up cause you're young and your life is just starting.

6. Opportunity For Better

Opportunity For Better Fapstronaut

What you feel now is not how you will always feel. Your current circumstances will change, too.

Have you tried Meetup.com?

7. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

Is there a local library where you live?