Life Questions

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Redbox, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Redbox

Redbox Fapstronaut

I have come to the stage in my life where I’ve begun to question things like the meaning of life and why we’re here and what’s the point in anything. When experiencing these thoughts on a constant basis, it really makes everything seem pointless. It makes it difficult to set goals and work towards things because none of it matters.

Thoughts like regardless of if I go out for a walk now for an hour or sit here for an hour, it would make no difference which one I did. I usually just sit in my room browsing my phone aimlessly. I don’t even play games or watch films anymore, which is what I used to enjoy doing. I feel like I’m living the same day everyday and have no control.

2. DRKK

DRKK Fapstronaut

yeah i agree

3. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut

You're being too passive. It messes your mind up. You can't think clearly and you're stuck in your thoughts. That's why everything feels so meaningless to you, you're not being active, rather you're dwelling on your thoughts. When you actually do things, the meaning of life won't even cross your mind.

Also I have a different perspective on this. I don't think of our lives being meaningless as a negative thing. It actually brings relief and courage to me. I can basically go do anything and enjoy my life cause one day it will be over and nothing will matter. So what I do today won't matter that one day when it all ends. Why should I be afraid of anything when there won't be a time in the future to even remember what I did. What I'm trying to say is that I don't really care what our meaning is. I just want to live life happily and fearlessly. One day I won't remember anything cause I won't even exist but that's then. Before that, there's countless of days where I will remember the past days. When we will be gone, we won't realize that we are even gone so why not enjoy the ride till then?

4. glktglkt

glktglkt Fapstronaut

According to Thora, Bible and Coran, Universe and life was created by God.
    We are here on earth to live our life, and then to die. God will then judge you for your actions and you will go to paradise or hell.

You are still alive, so , according to monotheistic religions, you must believe in God, be a good person , help orphans, don’t do bad things, not being Gay , no being lesbian. Never suicide, Eat healthy, and be a good person in general. You can also do some personal development to be better in your field.

5. Pity

Pity Fapstronaut

Life means EVERYTHING!
    you dont need to understand to not miss any of it. You will be personally taught and shown everything you will need to know.

Right now the point is you have been jqcking off your life literally. and now we have a lot more time that used to be very snug and warm to us; totally engrossing and engaging, well we were were immersed even consumed in lust. I would drag it out 12 hours a night if i could... every night...

You refill your cup. One obvious choice is tell others your story and share your inspiration and join fellowship and help your brothers save another. you can do this all day long every day. It reinforces your decision and will reward you when you touch other lives.

You were going the wrong way. You have stopped. Thats not enough to get you back where you went astray. so make a full reverse and fight against the enemy you escaped from.
    Seek spiritual reward from Jesus Christ, God is a rewarder of those who seek him and wait on Him.
    Become aware of your friends and family you displaced during all the private time. Where are they? How are are they? Thinking of them should arouse something like home or christmas if I understand correctly.
    Start thinking of a new wonderful career or project you may work on chronically to outshine and compensate you on your lost time.
    I could continue making up ideas but YOUR free will and YOU deciding to be content and finding all the potential you have disregarded and finding what to do with it is YOUR homework no one is gonna do for you.
    I feel More to say but Perhaps not.
    If you want to discuss anything, anything at all, further then I will be glad to spend more time with you.
    I hope this helps!
    Thanks for making this choice brother!
    You're right!

Eoghan mac Phádraig likes this.
  6. Pity

Pity Fapstronaut

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Here is a better answer. Read for yourself and see if it is good. Se if it doesnt ring truly meaningful moreso than everything you've ever known before.

7. justafriend

justafriend Fapstronaut

Listen to Jordan B Peterson’s university lectures (available on YouTube). He’s a clinical psychologist and psychology professor at the University of Toronto. His classes Personality and Maps of Meaning are terrific and offer quite a lot about handling existence. He also has a lecture series on the Bible from a psychological perspective, and it’s quite good whether or not you are religious.