1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life Improvement Hacks 101

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Jan 9, 2019.

1. I struggled for a long time with my life.

I decided to put into this thread a few simple hacks that helped me out, and still they help me out.

1. Realize that in 200 years, nobody is going to know or care about any small problem or mistake. Even the big ones are no big deal in the history of humanity.

2. Spend more time on fitness.

Never a moment is wasted in the gym (as long as you are actively EXERCISING, not on your cell phone), or biking, walking in parks, lifting weights, practicing yoga, swimming, playing a REAL sport, or picking up random debris in the street.

3. Find a way to help someone every day.

Ask God to bring someone to you with a problem that you know how to solve. It can be anything. Then, get to work. Keep going until you find a solution.

Why bother with this? It's for YOU. Helping another person helps YOU. You can't ruminate over an old girlfriend, beat yourself up, or isolate yourself to use PMO if you are out helping an old woman rake leaves, helping a kid fix his bike, or befriending a stranger.

4. Never give up.

Wars are not won by retreating. If it seems lost, when I am down on my butt, when I have few resources remaining, if I'm not dead, why quit now?

Don't quit 1 second before the miracle happens.

5. Listen to comedy.

Nothing makes me feel better than listening to this b-side track off of The Damned's "Strawberries" album. The drummer starts playing keyboard, in a random fashion! He spits in the middle of the chords. Then, he stops playing so he can explain why the guitarist is ugly!

In cockney, no less.

6. Call up God.

I know that atheists think that they are smarter than Christians because the Bible is old, and atheists are intellectually superior, but the fact is that neither is true.

The Bible isn't old because it's still relevant. If everyone suddenly rediscovered music from the 1920s and started playing on Top 40 radio again, would they call it old?

No. That's because the in-crowd avoids derogatory terms about something it thinks is cool. It never thinks the Bible has wisdom, so the in-crowd takes the easy way out; it's old, it's a fairy tale, etc.

The fact is that if I call God up, I have one question for Him, which is impossible for me to understand, whether I'm in the in-crowd, an atheist, or a believer:

Will you help me God? I can't do it.

The answer is yes. Always, it's a yes.

Then watch what happens.

7. Lastly, be present.

This is otherwise known as mindfulness. The concept is all about being present in my current environment and being aware of my situation.

It's crucial to success because as a musician, if I worry about what happened on the last song, while I'm playing a different song, I can make a mistake on this one.

Also, logic follows that if I worry about an upcoming problem on a song that is later on in the set list, I have lost focus on the current moment, the current measure, the current beat.

Daydreaming, escapism, fear, the past and the future have no real value in this moment.

Live the moment you are given.

That moment is this one.

Abel100%, bikinhappy, Logan1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

I agree with you on this 100%. Too often I did not practiced what I preached. Thanks for writing this.

3. Ypow

Ypow Fapstronaut

I have many great results since i heard nofap but this last thing you mention is hardest thing to develop, to be always in present moment, to be master of life, to say to mind, do this, then do this, currently i'm doing this.
    We have amazing weapon for everything and that's MIND. Mind is awesome tool if we are using it in correct way.
    My record about being in present moment is 4 days.
    Thanks for tips.

4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

thanks, man! I really appreciate this post! A great post in the Self Improvement.

The thought of praying for a person to be sent my way with a problem that I can solve, its just genius, man! great thought. thanks

5. Anytime Chappo! It's my pleasure to help dudes out on here. HMU!

Asgardian36 likes this.

6. Wood, we are all guilty of that. The one thing that will not help you in this part of your journey is to feel bad.

Instead, decide to be positive, feel good, and let go of the past.

It is that easy.

7. No problem Ypow! KIT my friend!

Ypow likes this.