1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life extension through sperm retention

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by E46469, Apr 6, 2015.

1. E46469

E46469 Fapstronaut

I realize I'm on the extreme side of things here, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I want to extend my healthspan by never having another orgasm for the rest of my life. It's been shown to work in C. elegans, and it fits my lifestyle right now. Of course if I want to have kids I'll allow sex while my partner is ovulating. But for now we practice karezza and we're happy with just that. I do want to hear arguments against my decision, if there are any. Here's the article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1448167

2. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

You are taking a huge leap of faith to believe what is true for a worm is true for you. The study should be a basis for more research, not for making lifestyle decisions.

That said, I believe you are on to something, because of experiences with NoFap and experiences of religious people.

3. pimphand

pimphand New Fapstronaut

Damn your whole life not busting a nut ? Crazy

4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

Are you a virgin? Are you eating/living healthy? (that increases your lifespan aswel). I would like to hear some more feelings and reasoning why you choose or consider this. To me it seems unnatural and I believe that it isn't balanced, you can limit your sexual activities like once in 3 to 6 months or only once per year, that way you have a little of both.

5. willem20

willem20 Fapstronaut

That's a tough commitment you're making man. On the one hand, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do it anymore. In France they call the male ejaculation 'le petite mort' or the small death in English. The feeling of melancholy after the ejaculation is the cause for this name. It's a life form, and semen retention was highly practiced by the samurai and other eastern warriors.
    I think your decision is based on the idea 'all or nothing', but I want to warn you to be cautious. Because such a commitment isn't practiced by blatantly saying you're not going to do something ever again.
    I've heard people say they would NEVER smoke a cigarette again.... while they we're smoking a cigarette. I've heard people say that they would workout AT LEAST 5 days a week, while sitting on a couch. I've heard people say they would read a passage of a interesting book or an intellectual article of which tehy'd learn a thing or two from everyday, but in reality they would rather be in front of their TV, watching Big Brother.

You see, if you're focused on the positive effects it supposed to have (future), or the negative effects it already has on your life (past), you'll encounter a great timespan of nothingness and pain in between (the now) and you're likely to fail. Semen retention gives you a great deal of power, energy and emotions you'll never have experienced before. It takes a strong mind to resist the urges and deal with the power it will have.

If you have the time, read this:
    http://thedaobums.com/topic/22912-semen-retention-100-days-and-my-experiences/

buzzlightyear likes this.
  6. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Yeah I'd go with intervals of 3 months. When you hold out for that much time orgasm must feel godly + you'd have plenty time to recover.

7. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

And then again, you might die in a car crash in 3 years.... where would your life expectancy be then?

Maybe Buddhist monks would be the best test on this. Is a life of celibacy good for them? Has it extended their lifetime?

I agree that throwing our sperm away into our hands is gererally a bad thing, but I don't think a lifetime of it would be good either. I think it would be best to strike a balance between holding it in and releasing it.

My rule now is, if I'm by myself I keep it in. If I'm with a woman I will let it go. But, we all need to make up our own mind. Try out your way, and if you don't like it, you can change it in about 5 minutes. I say try it... or try it for 30 days. I know while keeping it in for 3 weeks makes you feel really strong... so maybe there is something to your general idea.

8. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

I don't know about forever... but I do notice a lot of power building when I abstain from ejaculation. It starts about 5 days in. I start to get some Penis Power building. My penis feels stronger and I feel more powerful as a human being. It's Great. S maybe semen retention isn't such a bad way to go.