1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's stop pretending, even amongst professed Christians, casual sex is an accepted thing.

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Joe_Vill

Joe_Vill Fapstronaut

I am asking this for the following reason. If I am biblically christian, then I got converted about three years ago. For over a year I was literally terrified every day, every hour because of my sinful inner feelings and actions... I went mad every day and prayed to God that I didnt want to go to hell... that I just could not repent sincerely... One day I read Romans 3, that Jesus' sacrifice is our righteousness without the law... Well that night I was really happy for some time, but still a slight doubt was always there, it never vanished completely.... I decided to believe that all my sins are forgiven... But even after that I was terrified because I kept doing errors... lacking in faith.... lacking in willingness.. I was baptised and tried every day to be "christian" as the bible tells.. But out of fear and terror, even if I professed to belive in the cross alone.... Well after baptism there were also Christians and family members that accused me of being rude, of being worldly... but they didnt know how much I was already terrified and destroyed because of may awareness of guilt... After all that one day I fell into masturbation, which I considered one of the most heinous and ugly sins I could eventually do. And fromt that moment I was even afraid of asking forgiveness and started do ignore God. As I had understood the bible I COULD NOT be christian. Because: Who SAYS to know him, but walks in DARKNESS is a liar! .. And who knows God can not sin, because his spirit dwells within him..... You see... I was aware that a christian is not living as Jesus... But the bible tells me also that if I am just as all the other people, then I am not born again, then I am a false christian....

I read your post and what you said about your life as a christian... I dont know you... But could you explain to me why you think that despite your walking in darkness and sinning you ALREADY were safed in all that time? It would help me so much... you see... I have never had a real constant and strong awareness of my salvation.. I continually doubt about it, because a christian to some extent is changed, loves God... has been born again! ...

If you want please write two or three sentences about what you think the bible tells about this situation....

2. Joe_Vill

Joe_Vill Fapstronaut

For this reason I am doubting all the time if my conversion has ever happened... I just dont know.. I dont know it... I hope that I will not die in this condition

3. Joe_Vill

Joe_Vill Fapstronaut

Sorry if I am writing again... But thank you for this thought. Could you please tell me how a person who sins much can biblically know if he is or not converted? I mean, people say to me, if you hate the sin you are doing and keep repenting then you are saved... or, if you can sin all the time without feeling guilty you are not saved.. and similar explanations... But, you see, the human heart is not an ON-OFF button!!! I don't KNOW if my repentance was only out of an instinct of self-preservation without turning truly in my heart TO GOD.... And if therefore biblically speaking it was by no way "repentance unto life".... I am not interested any more if other christians believe that I am saved or that I am not... I just want to know, the Spirit testifies with my spirit that I am saved!!! .... I have so much rebellion in my heart... I know that... but I just want my sins forgiven... i know that if I am not saved now then I will never be because for three years I was in panic before god... And I was trying to trust in Jesus' work on the cross. Yes... but this fear just never leaves me.

4. Matthias7

Matthias7 Fapstronaut

Agreed. Thanks for Jesus Christ our Lord! However, I do think we as Christians should encourage each other to grow in our walk with God, and part of that is holding our brothers/sisters accountable including discouraging premarital sex with those that we fellowship with. Part of this is being honest with brothers/sisters you trust when we do slip up because the Bible does say to confess our sins to one another. And in my view it is not so much accepted in the churches I have been apart of, but rather ignored. Again, this is why I would encourage each Christian to have a small group of Christians to grow with.

5. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Were all obviously against PMO but for people that have done their fair share of PMO it seems weird to me when they are so against Casual Sex.

6. GlorifyGod

GlorifyGod Fapstronaut

I like this topic. If we cite Scripture, fortification is still a sin. I'm not sure how many Christians struggle with fortification. I am sure that I agree with you though. It is prolific struggle where Satin is probably winning amongst the church.

All I can do is share my personal story, to perhaps shed some insights? At this moment in my life, I feel more aligned with Scripture than I ever have been. My girlfriend and I choose to abstain from having sex until we are married. We don't even sleep together because others cannot think that we are having premarital sex, as it taints the image of Christ.

Personally, do I accept premarital sex? No. At this stage in my life, I do not. Why? God expects me to abstain. Does that mean I should worry about others who accept that it is ok? Well.... Yes, technically. Sin is still a sin. And it is my duty as a believer to call out sin. I would expect others to do the same for me as well. I think calling out someone's sin and trying to help them is different from judging. Judging ain't my job; that's His job *points to the sky*

There's my 0.02 Korean Won!

7. I disagree with the original statement: Let's stop pretending.

8. I disagree with the statement. I can only speak for myself as a Christian. I’d say casual sex is not accepted as in embraced as ok. I believe most Christians would say sex should be sacred, not casual. Yet we live in a fallen world where sin is alive and well. Thank goodness Grace is too!