1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Hope I Stick to This Boundary

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by gohammswife, Aug 13, 2018.

1. gohammswife

gohammswife Fapstronaut

After trying to get my husband to do something with me rather than be self-involved, I decided it hurts too much to pursue him and be denied. I have decided that if he wants a meaningful relationship with me he will pursue me and express his desire to spend time with me.

I feel unwanted by my own husband.

He reaches out to me sexually (vulgar, not intimately) but really no other way unless I ask or suggest myself. I know it is beginning to affect my self-esteem. 95% of the time I initiate hugs, kisses, cuddles.

I do not like feeling alone in the same room with my husband. I desire to be pursued and I am worth it. ladies-stop-chasing-after-him-if-he-likes-you-he-25582699.png

Vixen, MaryAnn, Kenzi and 2 others like this.
  2. Vixen

Vixen Fapstronaut

My situation exactly. A couple weeks after Discovery, I told him that I was tired of being the one to always initiate. And given how betrayed I felt and how numb I felt I would not be initiating. And that if does not initiate I don’t see how we could rebuild. After that he became much better for a couple weeks. Although I feel like these last week he has kind of slipped back into normal behavior. With the exception of groping me playfully. (Which I do like—man he had me starved for so long.) But he’s not volunteering “I love you.” And he’s slipped back into not giving compliments.

I tell him very clearly what I want such as intimacy exercises (sharing feelings/praises) and him writing in a journal if we don’t spend time talking about recovery that day.... but he doesn’t really take initiative. I still feel like I’m the one prompting continually. Maybe I give it a week of taking my hands off the wheel and if he doesn’t take initiative of his own, do some consequence? Ahh this is so much work. Emotionally exhausting.

Attached Files:

Trappist likes this.
  3. Vixen

Vixen Fapstronaut

Oh Ghost,

That resonated way more than I would have ever expected from a man in granny drag. But for real, that had some solid gold nuggets and I’m glad I stumbled upon it. Thanks for sharing!