1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lent Challenge 2019

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by fredisthebes, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Expergefactor

Expergefactor Fapstronaut

I am also committed to give up pmo this lent (including Sundays) and after lent to stay p free.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Welcome aboard, and congratulations.

3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Starting again from zero, relapsed last night. I'm still going to continue this challenge until Easter.

The good news is - a week is my longest streak for some time. But I can beat it!

4. Peacebewithyou

Peacebewithyou Fapstronaut

I relapsed last night and this morning. Congratulations on a week. Fresh start

5. mustardseedfaith

mustardseedfaith Fapstronaut

Relapsed again myself. So starting over again. Ug. So frustrated with myself.

6. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Keep strong everyone

Peacebewithyou likes this.
  7. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Day 10, next goal to get to day 20

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Well done! I fell down but I am back on it.

9. Peacebewithyou

I gave in as well. New start

10. Peacebewithyou

I hate it when that happens. You’ll win this battle man. Keep trying. New day

11. Marigny

Marigny Fapstronaut

I do it for Lent to, I began some days before ;)

Peacebewithyou likes this.
  12. RockTheHill

RockTheHill Fapstronaut

Also Posted in "Roman Catholic Fapstronauts": I had a bit of a breakthrough recently that I think might help some of us. A few Sundays ago, my priest was talking about the nature of sin in his homily. Up to this point, I had been generally unable to stay clean more than one or two weeks at a time. Anyway, I was contemplating how the nature of sin applies to me, and I realized this: lust and sexual desire are not the same thing. Lust is the disordered response to sexual desire. The way I figure it is this, we can't do anything about spontaneous desire, it comes and goes for whatever biological reason. However, we do not lust until we involve the opposite sex or act on the desire. Involving the opposite sex runs the gamut from fantasizing, to looking longer at someone purely for pleasure to "computer activities". Action is PMO, of course, but also indulging in lustful thoughts. But how do we manage this? Well, with other sins we simply don't indulge. I'm tired most every morning, but I still get out of bed and go to work because it's the right thing to do. I ignore the desire for sloth and go downstairs and start a pot of joe. Similarly, to avoid PMO, I've started letting the desire happen as a feeling, like being tired or hungry or anything else, and then respond well by saying a Hail Mary, or moving to an activity that will otherwise occupy, or both. I think of it as just letting the chance for indulging sin to evaporate into the ether. Lastly, I make a point of bringing up the temptation every time I go to confession, because we can never have to much grace. Right now I'm on a 33 day streak and going strong. The temptation still comes, however, I find I have more confidence in confronting it and have avoided PMO on days that would have wrecked me before.

TLDR: Don't confuse sexual desire with lust. Desire is just a feeling, and we can deal with that. We just need to avoid inappropriately indulging the desire in a lustful way (PMO).

gordonsmallwood likes this.