1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Leave 2nd year uni?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nick:3, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

I'm on my 2nd year of a concept art course.

Depressed a lot of the time

Don't know what I wanna do in my life anymore

Care a lot more about martial arts and training than my course

I Also feel lonely as not many people are free cos they're busy working

What would you guys do, to help you figure out the right path in life? (Really wanna find my life purpose)
    And do you think I should leave uni?

2. Nick:3

Might also help to mention that I love doing kung fu there, but I also kicked a hole in a wall in my house a few weeks ago cos I was really pissed off

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Well, if you are going to leave then you should at least come up with a plan about what to do next. It is good that you have a passion, but you cannot live off of martial arts, unless you become an instructor.

4. What did you think of school, before you went to uni? Maybe bad memories from the past are interfering with the present.

I occasionally attack inanimate objects as well. I think it comes from having a very stressful, frustrating time in your past, especially as a kid or young teenager.

It might be worth thinking about stuff like that, so you don't make decisions based on past traumas or whatever.

Nick:3 likes this.
  5. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Alright so if you leave your course what will be your source of income in the future? You're already on the second year why quit now, you started it for a reason.
    You should take some time and really reflect on the matter, whats your plan? What are your life goals? And how will you achieve them? In the end of the day, only you can decide that.
    I also did martial arts for a few years. Its great has a hobby, but it will never be a viable source of income, you need to realize that.
    Care less about others when you need fix yourself first.

Best wishes

6. Nick:3

Deleted Account likes this.