1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Laughter

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Jul 20, 2019.

1. I’ve spent time recently thinking about how important laughter is in marriage. Laughter and affection seem to be linked, or maybe even confused by people. I know when I met my wife we would both tell you that we were attracted to each other because we made each other laugh. 7 years of marriage later, we still laugh but not like it was when we met.

I’ve been wondering if there is any other marker in a marriage that is as important as laughter? I’d love to hear from you if you feel there is anything that strengthens your relationship as much as the ability to make each other laugh. If a couple can keep making each other laugh throughout the years of their marriage, is that the “secret” to a successful marriage?

Sorry if this post doesn’t fit this section of the forum. Moderator - Take it down if you need to.

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

3. That's a pretty cool question actually.

I know Mourde and I laugh alot too and joke around. I think it's definately needed in a relationship.

I guess that ties in with friendship and caring and understanding and empathy. Add in having each other's backs and I think having things in common is necessary but not everything in common....it's good to have your own thing to do too.

I'd have to say communication is a must and no secrets. When there are no secrets then there's no drama or surprises. So you get to live everyday free from that.

I know without Mourde making me laugh and him accepting my high sense of humor we definately wouldn't be together though.

Mourde likes this.
  4. Kinda related to laughter but I would say taking joy in the same things. Not everything the same but overlapping. Like we both think our toddler daughter is a hoot. And watching her grow up and learn, it's amazing.

This is a super cool question. One challenge in my marriage is we are both anxiety people. She sweats the small stuff and I sweat the big stuff. I think she has a little more anxiety than I do post recovery but it can be contagious. It's something we are working on together.

Peace,
    -Quinn

Deleted Account likes this.