1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Spacey allegations

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Nov 1, 2017.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It's fine to be gay if he so identifies as gay and he truly has the feelings for other men. However, using homosexuality as an excuse for trying to have sex with a minor, which he appears to be doing, is absolutely unacceptable. That's getting into paedophilia territory.

2. Ready to be healthy

Ready to be healthy Distinguished Fapstronaut

I can't stand him for doing this.

Gay men fight so hard against prejudice bigots who try and say awful things like being gay is akin to being a paedophile or that you are a danger to children and his ridiculous response to his disgusting sexual assault of a minor just reinforces that very wrong impression that gay men are a danger to children....

Kevin Spacey is a sexual predator who assaulted a child and his sexuality has nothing what so ever to do with it.

vxlccm, Taylor25, LEPAGE and 3 others like this.
  3. Kevin Spacey's predatory behavior is such common knowledge in Hollywood that it was a joke on Family Guy back in 2005.

4. Ready to be healthy

It's shocking the amount of covering up that goes on in Hollywood.... I'm glad people are starting to shine a light in some dark corners!! I really hope others come forward to speak out on Spacey... I want his career and life to crumble... just likes his victims lives will have done.

thatguy9708, LEPAGE and MLMVSS like this.
  5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I almost can't believe what is happening in Hollywood right now. There were always the rumors, and there were confirmed cases like Roman Polanski and Woody Allen who messed around with youngsters, but I never thought for a minute that it was as widespread as it now appears to be.

To my amazement, most if not all of the allegations that have come forward in the last month or so appear to be true. Weinstein appears to have been a serial abuser, active for years (decades!). An open book in Hollywood, with careful control of the media complicit in ensuring the general public didn't know. District attorneys who had the evidence in their hands and did nothing. Actors and actresses, many of the feminist crusader variety who jump at every chance to bash men and right wingers, knew about it or were victims themselves, and did nothing. Nothing! They stand up on their soap box all day yelling about the boogie man, but when an actual rapist busts a move its all crickets and tumbleweeds.

The crazy thing about the Spacey revelation is there is no denial. "Yeah, I made moves on a young male minor, but its OK because I was a little wasted and, brace yourselves, I'm gay! So we're cool now, right?". NO! Spacey is another one who likes to jump on the soap box, whether he was chumming it up down in Venezuela with Chavez (How did that one turn out Kevin? Seems like quite the meat grinder down there these days.), or chilling with his buddy, former serial abuser in chief Bill Clinton.

I am not a fan of "new" Hollywood, and basically do not like anything that has been made, with few exceptions, since 1970. Ditto for TV since 1990. I'm not in the loop as to what is currently going on or being made. That being said, I'm not surprised that many of these clowns turned out to be real creeps. It seems like there will be many more revelations in the weeks to come.

Hollywood was never devoid of scandal (look up "Fatty" Roscoe Arbuckle, and the wild adventures of Errol Flynn, for starters), but the sanctimonious we're you're betters, so listen here angle of these latest clowns takes the cake.

Taylor25, thatguy9708, A leaf and 4 others like this.
  6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Maybe we should be taking family Guy a little more seriously. First it was Bruce Jenner being a woman and now this. What else does Seth MacFarlane hide in this show?

Rebooter45674 and MLMVSS like this.
  7. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Don't forget about Bill Cosby. He attacked a lot of women over a number of years. The problem is these guys get minimal punishments compared to the average person. Possibly because they have information on others that could lead to more headlines of sexual abuse. I think the first step society has to make is a harsh punishment for these people. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think that sexual predators should be executed. I don't see a way for these people to be rehabilitated. They hurt others for their own sexual pleasures without a second thought.

LEPAGE and MLMVSS like this.
  8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Also (NOTE: I'm not calling ANY of these actors/actresses/etc liars, Hollywood is a dirty, immoral place) there's been false rape accusations before done in everyday court. These false accusations people do also prevent actual accusations to hold weight, so perverts take that to their advantage and they continue. It's truly unfortunate.

9. I did not regard his statement as saying that his behaviour is excused because he is gay. As I recall, he said that he has no recollection of this alleged incident. That is consistent with being very drunk (apparently, I have never been there). :/ You have twisted his words LePage. It has nothing to do with paedophilia either on the face of it. Paedophilia relates to victims below 13. If he does have a form of chronophilia, it would be hebephilia. Why escalate the rhetoric around this? Not cool. :(

Rebooter45674 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

A 14 year old is still a child, anyone under 18 in the USA is considered a child.

Anyone who does what Spacey (allegedly) did is a pedophile.

vxlccm likes this.
  11. WRONG!

Paedophilia
    is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for paedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. A person who is diagnosed with paedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as paedophilia... Child sexual abuse offenders are not paedophiles unless they have a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

12. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I’m just giving you America’s stance on the matter. I know over in Europe, they catapult children into adulthood as soon as possible so I could see why you would think a grown man sexually assaulting a little boy (of 14) isn’t a pedophile, but he is.

vxlccm, thatguy9708 and TheLoneDanger like this.
  13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I went to work for nine hours after making my last post. Just got home, and decided to check the news, to see what allegations have popped up in the meantime.

Kevin Spacey now has multiple accusers. Allegedly he used his position as a theater director in London to prey on up and coming young actors (men).

Brett Ratner (the guy who directed the Rush Hour films, and a few others) is being accused of raping Natasha Henstridge (the girl from Species), harassing Olivia Munn, and a couple other allegations.

Finally, here's one I could not believe. Dustin Hoffman sexually harassed a 17 year old production assistant on the set of Death of a Salesman. He appears to acknowledge that it's true. DUSTIN HOFFMAN! On the set of a movie of a play written by Arthur Miller! He was playing Willy Loman for crying out loud! This is a prestige part. You don't fondle underage girls while playing Willy Loman!

Can Hollywood recover from this? Honestly I don't care if the business survives, as I stated in the my first post, these people can't pay me to watch what they produce these days. (I'm watching the original Glenn Ford/Van Heflin version of 3:10 to Yuma right now.) I hope everyone gets what they deserve. Rapists should be jailed, at minimum.

14. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

To be fair, I used the word minor, not paedophilia. On this side of the pond, any sexual act towards a minor = jail time. Here the age of consent is 16. If I have sex with anyone under 16, even if they say "yes", it's statutory rape. Thats the law. At 26, which is when Spacey did the deed, he was old enough to be subject to the same law.

I'm sure the law says something about having minors at your party where your serving alcohol too.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  15. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

It’s 18 where I am.

16. Ready to be healthy

I think it's only considered statutory rape if the minor is under 12 years of age here in the UK- obviously the ages 13, 14, 15 they are still considered minors and anyone sexually assaulting them will still face jail-time/punishment and go on the sex offenders register etc - as they should.

17. Ready to be healthy

@IGY Kevin Spacey is being criticised mainly for deflecting his allegation of sexual assault on a minor with coming out as gay. Reading between the lines of what he is saying (which is very easy to do in such a ridiculous statement as the one he made) was
    "I was drunk, i have always found guys attractive and struggled with sexuality so if I drunkenly came onto someone then it can't be helped"

It's as if being gay excuses him of any wrongdoing. The man is filth, he sexually assaulted a 14 year old boy and honestly getting pedantic about people on these forums using correct terminology is hardly the most pressing concern.

thatguy9708 likes this.
  18. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Under 13.

Where over 12 and under 16 it is called "sexual activity with a child" and not rape, assuming, of course, it was consensual. This is still punishable if one of the couple is over 18.

19. Ready to be healthy

Ah I see.

It's also punishable if one of the couple is over 16 (the age of consent) isn't it?