Journal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Reboot Logs' started by eu7888, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

09 [​IMG]
    06 to rank up
    21 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 5/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M
    RS X
    Ro

Light edging.

If there was only one PC in the house it would be much easier to use blockers. I need to somehow make everybody password protect their PCs, so I can't use then whem I'm alone.

Solomon435 likes this.
  2. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

07 to rank up
    30 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 6/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P :emoji_fire:
    M X
    RS X
    Ro

Relapsed. Here is the 500 word report:
    Medium punishment wasn’t enough for deterrance. I felt to this mind trick: your internet blocking config is getting good, but there is still a flaw, because when you’re a lone you can simply sit on the other computer and do anything you want there; so, to prove this, go there now. Now I’m working on a solution to this weak spot on my blockers, and I think I will be able to build something really efficient. Of course it doesn’t avoid MO, but avoiding P is a big step. Anyway, this power to block is useful in other matters, as a way to have more control on my relationship with the electronics. This will be useful when building future habits. About the use of blockers, I know that last semester I did pretty well without then, but now things are not working, and I think they are indeed helpful in this moment that I’m trying to gain momentum. That’s because I believe in the importance of building the habit of NoFap, instead to build some kind of willpower. The willpower, no matter how big it is, is useless in these moments when you are focused on work, and distracted with a thousand other things, and then an urge appears and you mindlessly indulge to it. On the contrary, if you have the habit of NoFap you mindlessly resist to it. Anyway, I think that, after setting my blocking system correctly, my overall contact with P will lower, aside of other factors.

That’s the first time that I take a medium punishment, and I’m not sure if running 5k is a good medium punishment. In a way it’s good because it’s not time consuming, as I can do it in substitution to my usual workout. But it’s only a little bit annoying, so maybe I should use it as light punishment. On the other hand, writing this 500 word report is really annoying, and useful because it forces me to learn with the relapse, it’s a lot time consuming, especially because writing in English is difficult to me. So neither of then is a perfect punishment, but I will keep then for now.

As I’m extending the unranked mode for 30 days, if I relapse again before completing a 30 days streak I will need to take a severe punishment. Now, think annoying. But let’s see if it’s annoying enough in order to be a deterrence. Besides this negative incentive to get to 30 days, there’s also a positive incentive, because I really want to be able to work on other habits, which will only be possible after I build the Nofap habit.

I’m starting to think that, in order to make NoFap work, I need to focus on the fundamental reasons why I’m doing it. I need to all the times see clearly how NoFap is connected to the things that are of fundamental importance to me. I still don’t know how to do this, but that will be the next approach to improve the system.

Solomon435 likes this.
  3. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

06 to rank up
    29 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 6/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P
    M
    RS
    Ro X

Improved my blocking system, but I still need to find a way to make each person password protec their PCs.

Solomon435 likes this.
  4. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

05 to rank up
    28 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 6/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M
    RS
    Ro

WD

Solomon435 likes this.
  5. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

07 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P
    M :emoji_fire:
    RS X
    Ro X

Relapsed. No P. But I will step back in the 30 days unranked mode rule, and use a light punishment. That’s because with that rule the system became draconian, which leads to my mind trying to find exceptions. On other words, if every fault receives severe punishment, then I will try to find exceptions for light faults. The best thing to do is hold to the realistic punishment system, make it consistent. So, where am I now? I’m consistent in making 7 days streaks. If I keep that way, then I won’t meet the semester goal, so I need to improve it more. I need 4 35 days streaks. I will try something that I have dismissed in the past: negotiating. I propose this deal: If I build a 35 days streak, then I can relapse, and I will reset the counter, but not punish. During the streaks, I can take note of the things that I would like to see and do during the relapse (I hope ir helps getting the sexual thoughts out of my mind, so I can get peace for the day). This approach is not ideal, but I need something that helps meet the semester goal, so the next semester I set an easier goal. I would be happy doing a semester of 7 days streaks, as long as I can do then consistently. Also, the fact of being a novel approach usually boosts it’s effectiveness, so it may work well for awhile. The rest stays the same: unranked mode for the first 7 days, and gaining momentum mode for the first 30 days.

Solomon435 likes this.
  6. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

06 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M
    RS
    Ro X

Iwill force myself to write a little bit every day. I remember that, in the beggining of this journal, I ofund it helpful, so I don't fall in auto pilot.

Solomon435 likes this.
  7. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

05 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P x
    M
    RS
    Ro

It's being an interesting experience to write down the sexual urges. The mind seems to calm dowm when I promise that I will adress then later.

Solomon435 likes this.
  8. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

04 to rank up
    27 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M X
    RS
    Ro X

My dreams sometimes put me in a romantic mood.

I must remember that I'm under unranked mode until I complete a 7 days streak.

Solomon435 likes this.
  9. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

03 to rank up
    26 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M X
    RS x
    Ro :emoji_fire:

Heavy edging.

I had some contact with P yesterday, but it was in order to set my blockers (although it was avoidable).

The big annoyance yesterday was Ro. I will consider it as heavy edging. But I won't bother with it, because I know it won't grow into a chronic problem.

Solomon435 likes this.
  10. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

02 to rank up
    25 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M X
    RS
    Ro X

I concluded that the blocker on my phone are completely flawed. I still need to improve them.

Solomon435 likes this.
  11. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

01 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M
    RS
    Ro

One more day of unranked mode. Just to remember: If I have an urge, just write it down and I will fulfill it in the proper day.

Solomon435 likes this.
  12. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

08 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M X
    RS
    Ro x

I must remember that PMO affects my health, and that's one of the reasons why I'm doing NoFap.

Solomon435 likes this.
  13. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

07 to rank up
    24 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M X
    RS X
    Ro

I came up with an ideia that will be the next big thing on the system. It's the idea of resisting an impulse with other impulse. I will explain it later.

Solomon435 likes this.
  14. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

06 to rank up
    23 until the next milestone[​IMG]
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P
    M X
    RS X
    Ro

I should be writing the reports at night, so I have more time to write.

Solomon435 likes this.
  15. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

07 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P x
    M :emoji_fire:
    RS X
    Ro

Relapsed. But I will change some rules, because I feel that I'm getting close to consistently get rid of P, so I want to to focus on that. So, I will count up for the semester goal only if the relapse includes P; also, I will lift the 250 word punisgment on non P relapses (but other things stay the same).

Solomon435 likes this.
  16. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

06 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M x
    RS X
    Ro x

Again, I need to force myself to write at night.

Solomon435 likes this.
  17. eu7888

eu7888 Fapstronaut

05 to rank up
    Semester goal 7/10
    “OPERATION 30 DAYS”

P X
    M x
    RS X
    Ro

I'm liking the idea of, little by little, do things that improve my probability of success.

Solomon435 likes this.