1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

John Hamm is Racist

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 31, 2018.

1. not saying that. I am saying there might be some genetic (innate?) component to some behaviors especially when different peoples are around one another.

2. You really don't know what's coming do you?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-use-strategic-tears-to-avoid-accountability
    That the voices of “women of colour” are getting louder and more influential is a testament less to the accommodations made by the dominant white culture and more to their own grit in a society that implicitly – and sometimes explicitly – wants them to fail.

At the Sydney writers’ festival on Sunday, editor of Djed Press, Hella Ibrahim, relayed the final minutes of a panel on diversity featuring writers from the western Sydney Sweatshop collective. One of the panellists, Winnie Dunn, in answering a question about the harm caused by good intentions, had used the words “white people” and “shit” in the same sentence. This raised the ire of a self-identified white woman in the audience who interrogated the panellists as to “what they think they have to gain” by insulting people who “want to read their stories.”

In other words, the woman saw a personal attack where there wasn’t one and decided to remind the panellists that as a member of the white majority she ultimately has their fate in her hands.

“I walked out of that panel frustrated,” Ibrahim wrote. “Because yet again, a good convo was derailed, white people centred themselves, and a POC panel was told to police it’s [sic] tone to make their message palatable to a white audience.”

pickledRick likes this.
  3. Examples?

Examples?

Moon Shot and Deleted Account like this.
  4. #1: East Africans do very well at distance running, sprinting not so much, people of west african descent, whether they grew up in Barbados, Sweden, the US, dominate sprinting and have for 40+ years
    #2. High Rape rate of migrants and 3rd world immigrants on white women. Might be that primeval desire to wipe out another race by planting your seed.

5. Okay? And so because some people are like that apparently all white people are just plain racist? You do know black folks do their own shit towards us as well right? But the thing is there are racist individuals on every side, except what you're doing is using a bloody blanket statement that just because a person is white we have all these privileges and are automatically racist.

I'm not denying there are racist "white people" and that there are certainly some individuals from different races or colour that are discriminated against, but I find it funny that most of us don't even have some of that magical power everyone claims we have.

6. Would you tell the child to just jump off the building because the migrant will kill him?

7. 1. I have no doubt genetics play a role in physical activities. I would also believe that people's physical advantages would shape their culture.

2. How would you test or isolate an experiment to prove your theory on rape? Also are you suggesting certain races are more primal then others or that the primal urges of whites/non migrants don't involve rape or spreading genetics seeds?

8. If you listen to this podcast you might understand what white privilege is. It personally convinced me that white privilege is a real thing.

9. It is really just a hunch but the rape rates -(all western governments go out of their way to try to hide them) when we know them, are pretty much the same - disproportionately 3rd world immigrants from certain countries - and again, across all western countries, it's lower for Chinese. There might be cultural factors too - I believe Indian immigrants are much less violent than Pakistani ones and the genetics might be similar (But far from the same)
    and no I am not saying that whites are immune to this - it could be cultural - a feeling of alienation - and of course levels of education and other factors come into play.

10. No, and I am not saying there aren't good people among them but the likelihood of rape and other anti social behavior is far more likely.

11. You make the mistake of assuming that the people who are imposing this are fair, or nice or want equality. You are sadly mistaken. They hate you. and once you are a minority or even close to one, the UK will look more like Bolshevik Russia, and guess what you're the Kulack.

12. I didn't make any mistake as I never said they were fair or even wanted equality, but I'm pretty sure white people won't be a minority any time soon, at least not in my lifetime anyway... Either way you're trailing off once again into something else entirely.

Moon Shot and Deleted Account like this.
  13. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

Because people are literally taught to hate whites on college.

When I went to college, I took a polscience course. I was only in it for a day before I dropped it but I shit you not, for the mere 3 hours I was in that class, this asshole professor must have said "white men" like 30 times. I was already older by then so I smelled the bullshit, but I can see why so many young whites hate america and themselves. They're literally being taught to do so by institutions that are meant for "higher learning"... this is yet another area that needs to be fucking purged.

14. But as I told him even if this so called "white privilege" is a thing for some people, that doesn't make all white folks even the supposed privileged ones racist. I mean I don't know about you but me and my partner sure as bloody hell don't have that privilege.

Deleted Account and Contentful T like this.
  15. Are there high rates of rape in Pakistan? There may be a cultural problem with rape in that country. I still would need scientific evidence the show causal link between genetic make up and behaviors like rape. I'm with you slightly in your desire to protect society from harmful forces but a lot of what you are saying sounds too much like phrenology or correlative evidence. Genetics do not determine moral behavior. I can tell you are operating from a better safe then sorry mindset, unfortunately you might miss opportunities to capture great talent and additions to society in the process.

16. Actually to come back to this terrible statement of yours, do you even know what racism even means? Even if a person was privileged in ways that still does not make them racist, this is the literal definition:

"a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

So unless a person is doing that, it obviously is up for us to decide whether you like it or not.

17. do you know what it actually means by the people who propagate it?
    Only whites can be 'racist' - and once you understand that you will understand the double standard.

pickledRick likes this.
  18. Yeah they said that about London.

pickledRick likes this.
  19. I agree different cultures can have problems (that goes back to my question why let those people in and why would expect that they will change their behavior?)
    I agree that genetics don't determine moral behavior, and that as cognisant beings we can make choices and obviously cultures have gone through periods of decadence and reform despite having the same genetics...
    But that said, it is possible that different genetic make ups have different levels of impulse control.

pickledRick and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Are you white? And nope, anybody can be racist but nice try. And honestly if a person automatically thinks somebody who's white is privileged and racist then those people themselves are racist and ignorant.