1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesus as your AP?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hi guys.
    What are your thoughts about accountability partners combined with being christian?
    I consider downloading a software to my computer that sends a weekly report to a person of my choice but I don't know if it's a good idea. I mean aren't I suppose to have the same effect from Jesus?

Is it okay to have a human AP or is it the same thing as saying that Jesus isn't enough for you? That you don't care that he watches you?

What do you think? :)

2. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Yes you are supposed to have the same effect from Jesus and I don't think having an accountability partner is saying Jesus isn't enough. I mean, aren't we supposed to build one another up in love? Consider the following, and let me know what you think.

1. There is a psychological effect to saying something out loud. From my experience I can say it feels like the thing being said is suddenly made real, that it is darkness brought to light.

2. Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5:13-16)

3. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

The_Monk and The Master Rebooter like this.
  4. I don't have an AP and I am doing great.
    My AP is Jesus and my journal that I post on.

5. fedupist

fedupist Fapstronaut

Prais the Lord that you are strong in here. But we schould not forget that there are brothers which are not that strong and it´s biblical to search and get help then from HIS Body ;)