1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I've been bored lately. Don't really have anything to look foward to.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Jan 31, 2019.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I don't' know I've been feeling this way for months. I'm sure if it's partly the weather or just depression. But I'm not really sure how to get out of the feeling lately.

2. Feeling that way for months is a long time. I've seen your previous posts and you've mentioned you have depression. So that's probably it but also could be the weather too, it sucks where I live too! Try to find some hobbies or something you'd like to learn how to do and then do it, it'll make life more worthwhile. Good luck!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Welcome to the club. I really doubt if I even have a future to look foward to, so I just wake up and go to sleep at the end of the day. It is a terrible way of thinking, but it is the only thing available for me.

horny nerd and Deleted Account like this.
  4. This may be late and useless, but sometimes - sometimes, when I feel that way I make it a priority to do 3 good deeds that day: Salting the neighbors sidewalk or driveway (if you're in a snowy area, of course). Calling a relative just to say "hi." Believe it, it really cheers folks up. Spend two minutes talking to a homeless person or a beggar. Say "How are you?" to any random person on the street. Old people love that shit. Who cares if you genuinely, really care? Just fucking do it! If they smile, everybody wins!

5. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

I am not at that great level...
    Just 21st day today...
    Still I can share some points
    Buy a Rubik's cube and try to solve it.
    If not able then take youtYou help and solve it. It's amazing stress reliever.

Learn Sudoku and solve it.
    I have a Sudoku app and whwnewhe I have a sex thought I solve one Sudoku.

Another thing is don't criticise yourself. Bec already the whole is there to criticize you. Don't get angry on yourself. Failed no problem. Just like a child... Calm yourself down with a thought that no problem my child.. youll do better.

And with your own support.. you'll get better

I didn't know what it means to love yourself. I just didn't understand that line.
    But now i feel it. Since the time I have stopped being hard on myself, no pmo has become easier. I don't think much and I don't pressurize yourself with an aim..

Just like a child, we don't force him to get 90 percent.. we encourage him to get better.. see the difference..

Ogikubo and Deleted Account like this.
  6. TurnTides

TurnTides Fapstronaut

Being in a rut sucks.

Maybe spend some extra time on physical fitness? Reading helps take the mind off of stress, if you're into that kind of thing. Is there anything that makes you happy? Going out with friends? Possibly spend time with family? Are you comfortable with who you are?

Do something nice for someone you know, it might brighten up their day, and by proxy, yours too.

Ogikubo likes this.
  7. Miked132

Miked132 Fapstronaut

Ogikubo, those are good suggestions

Ogikubo likes this.
  8. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

How about volunteering? Or joining a club of some sort, things like book clubs or chess clubs, you could even take fitness/yoga classes or painting etc.

9. motion2082

motion2082 Fapstronaut

I worked from home last year for 10 months and felt exactly the same as you. Best thing I did was volunteer to work full time for free for 4 weeks. Got me out of the house, landed a new job/career and made myself useful again. Still have my days when I'm like what's the f#cken point, gonna die anyway but then I try channel that negative energy into something positive.

TurnTides likes this.
  10. horny nerd

horny nerd Fapstronaut

I feel the same. I have no friends and I'm just a complete loner who has no ambition in life. No positive thing in the future I'm waiting for.

11. TurnTides

TurnTides Fapstronaut

Some have to experience a whole lot of bad to see the good in things too, or to be grateful for being in a neutral position, like when you hear "things could be much worse". One problem is getting too comfortable with what you have, that you slowly start to take things for granted. Things like decent health, or having a garbage job. Does not being sick count as something positive? Maybe. Is being employed strictly better than having no money/job? Possibly. Opening your perspective might give you some second thoughts.

You need to create things in the future to feel positive about. I think of it like growing a tree: you till the ground, plant the seed, feed it water/food in hopes that one day something grand may blossom from it, if not, you at least gained some insight from the journey. Nothing in life is certain after all (few exceptions), so we shouldn't expect the works.