1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues in building stamina

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GratifiedSlave, Mar 9, 2019.

1. GratifiedSlave

GratifiedSlave Fapstronaut

Hey there, I hope everyone is doing good.
    I've been trying to build my stamina through running coz I've to pass some sort of physical exam. but I am facing difficulty in it. My goal is to do 1 mile in 8 mins sharp but upon full throttle I can do a mile only in 8 min 40 seconds(with stopping on the way multiple times) after that I face the music. I starts feeling nausea, my mouth dries up and I've to rush to toilet to pass watery stools immediately as I start feeling pain in my abdomen. Thats very annoying for me and I want to know how can I get rid of these after effects? My age is almost 21 and weight is 55kg. Thanks

control your life likes this.
  2. Hey man, I'm definitely not a doctor, but shouldn't your weight be a little higher? How tall are you exactly? The ideal weight for your height isn't always perfect for everyone, but your eating habits may cause problems. For example, I had a few days of watery stool after working out, but when I made sure to eat more over the next couple of days, I stopped having this problem. Once again, not a doctor, but that at least was my experience before.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

The key to get more stamina is to get out there most days and run. I am an avid runner and stamina is built with more running volume and less on intensity. As you get stronger, you will get faster.

GratifiedSlave likes this.
  4. GratifiedSlave

Yes Im underweight. My height is 5'10

5. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

I can't run outside anymore bc of the pounding my knees take...I could run on a track just not street. So for now I'm running on a treadmill and I try to do interval running. Try and run one lap at 7.0 miles per hour then the next at like 9 mph and so forth. You can build up lung capacity this way. And try and run 2 or 3 miles per day.

6. GratifiedSlave

7. have you gone through exam ?

8. GratifiedSlave

No not yet. It'll be in a couple of weeks or so.

9. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

10. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

If it helps:

First, run on grass/soil, not on pavement. There’s some cushion if you run on gravel/soil and your knees will enjoy it better. Go to a park even if it’s 5-10 mins walk.

Second, shoes. I assume you got the right shoes, but anyways here goes: If you run in AirMax you’ll probably not treat your legs too well, and your knees and feet will hate you dearly. Lunarlite or any shoe made specifically for running should be fine.

Third, heart rate / stamina. 1 mile in 8 mins is quite fast indeed, that’s 13km/h or 8.5 mph. Here’s the thing: What you want is to run as fast as possible with as low heart rate as possible. Fix the heart rate to 160bpm and run the mile. Tomorrow, same max heart rate, run the mile. It’s likely to see an improvement in your running time.

If you shoot straight up to 200bpm to get 1 mile in 8mins, your body will try to conserve energy by shutting down bodily functions, resulting in runners diarrhea.

Hope it will help! :)