1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Isolation is bad

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Temujin, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

For the last couple of years I have spent a long time in isolation. I just got on with it. However the last couple of months I had the opportunity to live with some other people.

I felt fantastic. I felt more relaxed, happier, more productive. I was working more and my work improved.

Now I've gone back into Isolation and two days later I feel like a completely different person. I feel stressed, motivation is low, even motivation to get out of isolation.

The two years I was in isolation i struggled with stress and motivation. I thought they where just who I am. However the experience of living with people for a couple of months and feeling great, happy, relaxed, motivated and then going back to isolation and falling again have tought me somthing.

Isolation is bad for you. Lot's of the problems you might identify as being who you are might just be symptoms of the fact you are Isolated.

I am now biting the bullet and looking for places to flatshare in a larger city. It will cost much more rent but the experience has taught me it is worth paying more to be around people.

So I am posting this for other people like me who might have voluntarily isolated themselves for a prolonged period.

2. wally_s

wally_s Fapstronaut

Hey hey @Temujin , thank you for posting and starting this thread. Your experience has got me really thinking back on my life and times. I had always thought that I preferred being along over being with others. After college I always tried to live alone, no roommates. I thought people were annoying to be around too much. But now, looking back, I know that those things you mention, higher stress and problems with motivation have plagued me through the years, and of course, combined with PMO. And they probably contributed to my active addiction. Thank you again for this valuable insight!

WarriorScarr and HippyMinstrel like this.
  3. On the other hand, we do need time to ourselves, and isolation is great for those times when we need to dig deep into ourselves and find who we truly are. A balance is needed. Too much isolation makes our spirits shrivel up from lack of contact. But two much contact is oppressive to our spirits, which need at least a little time in isolation to be healthy.

Haggis likes this.
  4. programer

programer Fapstronaut

I completely agree with you. Isolation is bad. Thanx for the great post.

5. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

Self employed and work from home.