1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this creepy or romantic?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mankrik, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I think this is in the right forum because I feel lonely and am trying to find a relationship... Anyway I need some advice. I'm in my first semester of college rn and still have yet to have ever been in a relationship. Never kissed a girl before. I have really been trying to find a girlfriend but have not really been interested in anyone. However when I was leaving psychology class the other day I saw this beautiful girl standing alone on her phone and I don't know there's just something about her. I keep thinking about her.

I don't know if I'll ever see her again or how I would be able to approach her. I think she might have a class after me in the same lecture hall though. So I have a crazy idea. What if when I leave class I go back in and sit next to her in the next class and try to have a casual conversation and try to get to know her? Is that romantic or creepy? I'm not in that class (no one will know there's like 300 people in there) and I'm just trying to talk to a girl I don't even know but it feels right lol. Should i go for it or forget about it?

2. go for it.

Mankrik likes this.
  3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Just go for it, don't wait either. Just ask her out, the worse that can happen is that you get rejected, and that's not a big deal.

4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This is what I wanted to hear :D

5. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

Well said!

Yeah dude, just be honest with her. Good luck brother.

Mankrik and Runtilmylegsdropoff like this.
  6. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Neither. Go for it. Just don't push it if she doesn't seem interested.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Relationships are not about creating the perfect situation. There will always be an element of awkwardness, but remember the motto he who dares wins!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Mankrik likes this.
  8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Oh, don't worry, there's definitely much creepier routes. Back when I didn't know her much other than her name, I stalked my girlfriend on social media and met her at a place where she said she'll be at. It worked well for me, but I can safely say as someone who grew up from that phase, don't go that route. THAT is creepy.

But your current route is good, though it may sound a tad weird to her if you mention to her that you're not in the class.

9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Damn bro she must have been really into you to get away with that one! I remember a similar embarrassing situation where I stalked this girl who caught the same bus to work for months. After a few weeks I handed her a lame piece of paper which read,

'Hi there's this girl who catches the 39 bus, I was wondering what her name was, text your number to Tweeby 07778388293'

I think any other girl would have ran a mile but since she was into me we went on a few dates :)

vibemaker, MLMVSS and Mankrik like this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Sounds like you got a bit lucky there too. That's great, hahaha :p

vibemaker likes this.
  11. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

Start being an alpha male and not being a douche.
    Respect her treat her well and she'll fall heads and heels for you.

ForABetterLife20 and Mankrik like this.
  12. SOSo

SOSo Fapstronaut

I think a better way to go about it is to not sit in on her class that you're not in. She will find out, and it will be awkward. Is there a possibility in asking someone else in the class she's in about what course it is? Then maybe you could approach her with "Hey, I saw you just walked out of Professor So-and-So's class and I was considering taking the course. How do you like it?"

Or seeing if she's a part of any common study groups you might need. Or just asking her if she can direct you to a certain building, followed up by asking if she could show you where it is, and then striking up a conversation about the school and what she enjoys about it, etc;

If you hit it off you could ask her for some coffee on or near campus. Casual.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it :).

13. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Just don't think it's creepy. Think it's cool, romantic. You'll have a better mindset going into the conversation. Don't make it a big deal and try to have a casual conversation. Good luck!

Mankrik likes this.
  14. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This is good advice and a better way to approach the situation. However it would be difficult to orchestrate since everything is so crowded and fast paced. Probably better off sitting next to her in class and talking. If anything happens I'll let her know I'm not in the class when I see her again.

15. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Fapstronaut

i can't find it creepy at all you are just attracted to her that it . good luck

Mankrik likes this.
  16. Don't worry about it and don't think about it, just do it. I know it's easy to say, and I might not have been able to follow my advice. But if you start to think about it too much, you'll just end up finding reasons why you shouldn't do it. Good luck :).

vibemaker and Mankrik like this.
  17. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This is an old thread but I happened to see this girl again for a second time. The planets aligned and I had the perfect opportunity to walk into class at the same time as her and sit next to her but I didn't. I don't strongly regret it or consider it a defeat though. I'll admit I was nervous and its partly due to being shy but the main reason is because I just didn't get the same attraction when I saw her this time. I wish I had talked to her anyway, but was not interested anymore (I don't just care about looks but I realized I was attracted to her for the wrong reason i.e. she looks like someone else I know.) The only reason I was interested in her was because she looks like another girl I have had a crush on for a long time. I know I need to move on and everything but I am going to be attending the same event as this girl (my actual crush) on monday next week and so i'll get some closure because I'm going to actually ask her out.

vibemaker likes this.
  18. Yeah I wouldn't say it's creepy or romantic. As long as you talk to her as you would somebody you're not attracted to, you're good.

Mankrik likes this.
  19. Jw9896

Jw9896 Fapstronaut

Yeah I think that'd be cool. Just going out of your way to talk to her is not creepy (as long as she hasn't shut you down or rejected you).