1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a trick i dont know about?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Jack York, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

is there a trick to finding good dates? hahahaha

so i have many dating apps, and proper dating apps, not hook up ones. ive been on a few dates with guys, but none of them were for me.

and by the same token, ive matched with guys and messaged and either had no message back or the conversation has died before it started.

so is there a trick or a magic spell to find a good guy to date? :D :D :D

2. Tankus

Tankus Fapstronaut

Hi Jack York are you a gay person? If so I'm not sure how accurate my advice would be. But I think a good starting point is to decide the values in yourself that you value the most and that are the most important to you, and to look for them in potential dates. Some people have questions that they will ask to see what kind of answers they will get. I used to think this was a bit over the top but I'm kinda getting to that point as well.

Also, dating apps ( i use them a lot too xD) are completely separate to real life. I feel like on Tinder etc you basically have to play the role of the arrogant jester to get women out on a date. Then as soon as the date starts it's just a completely different, more authentic dynamic. At least in my experience. RIP Harambe

3. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

Yeah sorry. I’m gay :)

And don’t worry. The advice still stands. Yeah. Questions are good. I’d think start off with a jokey one? Then try to test their personage.

Tinder etc are crap. And the few dates I’ve had are better then flirty txting. Hahah

It’s so hard isn’t it?

Tankus likes this.
  4. Tankus

Tankus Fapstronaut

No need to apologise! :emoji_laughing: Why do you think its so hard to find a good guy?

5. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

Same reason it’s hard to find a good girl? Hahahaah

Just cause there’s lots of guys but none that I have held a convo with. Or ones that when I meet I actually like like

6. Tankus

Tankus Fapstronaut

Hmm well this is just my situation. I know that to get the girl that I want I need to become more successful, more secure and jacked like Hugh Jackman and Arnold Schwarzanegger had a baby and that baby took roids from the age of four.

But in all seriousness haha I might be wrong about this but I'm not looking to find a longer term partner at this stage in my life and I would not want to find one on any dating app. I would like to find my partner either through work, or through a mutual friend, or in any real life scenario.

Have you tried speed dating?

Jack York likes this.
  7. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

No never tried speed dating. You?

8. Tankus

Tankus Fapstronaut

One time I was on speed on a date, does that count?

Jack York likes this.
  9. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

noooooo. im afraid that doesn't :D:D;):p

10. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Practice, practice, practice.