1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it vital to turn it to all the way cold when I first try cold showers?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Oct 17, 2017.

1. daisy_

daisy_ Fapstronaut

As i have been doing cold showers 2x a day for a week and actually becoming a fan of it. I usually start with my feet and gradually going up until the neck and face (or hair too once in few days) and stay there for a total of 4-5 mins. The idea is to allow the body heat to escape the body, starting from the lower part up to every part through the mouth. If you try it then you might understand what I mean.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

The idea with a cold shower is to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. It's not about torturing yourself. Its about discipline. Building discipline that you can use in other areas of life.

Find a thing that works for you. Don't be obsessed with finding the right temperature or whatever - that's your lazy mind trying to escape!

Be aware of that procrastination process: minor doubts leading to stupid questions, leading to not doing what you planned!
    Dopamine is not a factor in cold showers. Stop thinking about it, it's distracting you from making progress

3. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

It is evident that cold showers can help you tremendously cope with depression, since you are literally pouring cold water down your spine. True it helps with willpower, i don't think i would have gone 51 days without having applied cold showers as well

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

As wonderful as cold showers are, don't let your guard down in them. I was able to relapse a few times in ice-cold water, although this may be because I've spent years enjoying cold lake/beach/river water.