1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jane elise, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

Day 14..Yahoo 2 weeks completed
    But still no change

2. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I experienced slightly increased memory and concentration after 60 days.

3. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

Oh ok I will wait then

Little kid5 and recon117 like this.
  4. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Maybe there is no change to your memory... but is there really no change to your mood? Energy? Focus?

recon117 likes this.
  5. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Even a little bit is good : )

recon117 likes this.
  6. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

Yeah my energy is better but my memory is most important which is not still recovered

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Little kid5, recon117 and romlel like this.
  7. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

8. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Good, good.

Coffee Candy and Little kid5 like this.
  9. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

10. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

11. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

12. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

No i relapsed

Little kid5 likes this.
  13. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

--> did you reflect on why did you relpase?
    --> it happens to every body it's quite uncommon to succeed on the first few try in NoFap haha

Coffee Candy, Jane elise and recon117 like this.
  14. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

They are not few tries I am trying to leave it from January 2 2017but I relapse every week we can say that I relapsed again in 500th try

Little kid5 and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  15. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well you beat your own record, you lasted for about 20 days, it's more than 2 weeks :)
    Well you tried a lot, your way of tackling the problem may be isnt the best way

16. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

my longest streak was 300 days before joing nofap best days of my life ever yes you are right my way of tackling problem isn't right way because whenever I want to get away from these bad habits this world seduces me there are triggers everywhere I want to go on a vacation out of this world so I can make my longest streak ever
    Is it possible

17. romlel

romlel Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yep the society we live in isn't the best one to stop PMO.... BUT humans are amazing and can get back up and change :) You can brainwash your brain reading a lot daily about healthy life style, practice a healthy active that procures you long term satisfaction, get help from someone you know (irl) by talking about it.

Holidays? Yes they can be great to disconnect from the busy working life. But you can also try to reduces what trigger you. Ultimatly the counter can be counter productive : The goal with rebooting is to stop an unhealthy, numbing, lifeforce depleting act of PMO. You should feel with your body that your making progress not just by watching your counter (its useful but it's still something for our crazy mind^^). Be present with your body, if you feel "sexual", feel it but don't go M like crazy to make it go away ;)

Thanks for the likes ;)

18. Jane elise

Jane elise Fapstronaut

Thanks for your so much support

19. This is motivating af!! So you know how it feels to be on the other side. And btw congrats and respect for 300 days, that’s amazing, and it means you have it in you to do it again and more. Don’t worry, we all relapse sometimes and as long as you learn from what caused the relapse, it just means that next time you will know how to respond better. Next time you will have 300 days or 1 year streak!

I know what you mean by there being triggers everywhere.

While you can’t eliminate every single possible trigger such as ads or posters, there is some control you have over what you are exposed to. What i have done is tried to eliminate every possible trigger source, including any apps, devices, pics, sites, and social media.

We must be radical about cutting off all possible access points to PMO. The media actually purposely bombards us with sexual material to keep us stuck, weak, and to arouse passion(lust) in us. They purposely design social media apps like snapchat to be as addictive as possible, while putting sexy images, titles and posts in your discovery feed

The good news is: We don’t have to be of this world!

In fact, there is scripture in the Bible about this:
    “And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.”

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. ”- 1 John 2: 15-17

“Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” - colossians 3:2

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”- Romans 12:2

Jane elise likes this.
  20. When you went 300 days, how was your memory? Did it improve then?

The body has tremendous healing power when you preserve your sexual energy. It’s possible. I feel like you want reassurance. You feel deep inside that if you can just get to 300 days, that your life will improve and your memory will be regained. Well, i’m telling you Yes! Both of those will happen!

I remember when just starting nofap wondering if things will get better for me. All the things i hoped to come true pretty much did, like a dream

Jane elise likes this.