1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible for it to be socially impossible for someone to find a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Oct 25, 2017.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I'm really starting to think it's impossible for me to a girlfriend. I'm almost at the point of giving up looking.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. LetsGetEm

LetsGetEm Fapstronaut

Lol dude it's definitely not impossible. What do girls look for in a guy? Make yourself appealing to them. Also, don't make a future girlfriend the focus of your life. When you do that, women control your happiness. That's like putting happiness on a job, or money, or a car. Put your happiness in the only constant in life: God, or if you're not religious, lol nature or something. But then I guess you're kinda screwed when a 15th hurricane hits the US...
    Also, the DJ Bible could be a great resource for you.

3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Forget girls for a while, focus on yourself. Self-development in any ways you like. You'll actually get a lot further by doing this.

I know it seems impossible to imagine, but if you keep going with this, there will come a time when you will be going on a few dates. It's just not an overnight process.

4. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I've been trying different self development things for years, nothing has really helped me.

5. Such Small Hands

Such Small Hands Fapstronaut

Yeah, if you stress out over it, negative results ensue. Focus on other things and you know what? Cool things might follow...

Also, consider reevaluating your "standards" in girls. That might be the issue, there.

But impossible? No way.

6. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Focus on confidence in yourself, you first have to believe that it is possible for you to find a girlfriend

TheBigBadWolf likes this.
  7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Do you talk to girls? Go to social gatherings?

I had this talk with a friend of mine after I made him a tad upset with girlfriend talk. He complained of the same thing, yet spends half his time gaming or being alone.

Most of the time, girls usually don't take the first step, because they usually don't need to.

8. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

I wrote a super-detailed guide on this forum a few years back, but they deleted it.
    You can definitely change in that area, because myself and many guys I know have gone from complete loser with women to have it be a normal part of our lives.
    Feel free to ask.

You say:
    Well... You simply haven't done enough yet. It's just as simple as that. You can choose to give up or to improve even more. But that's ultimately your choice ;)

Stay strong.

9. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I know the problem is that get discouraged after a month go back to normal.

10. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

Based on what you are describing, you are clearly setting self-improvement goals that are WAY TOO high for your current state.

That is like going on a bike and wanting to jump on to a moving train!

A good idea would be to divide your ultimate goal into smaller steps and just focus on the next one.

You can decide what that is.

Maybe first step is to focus on becoming more social. Maybe it is to lose weight. Maybe your first step is to lose your virginity because you are stuck with it. You know what's your situation and what shines to you most brightly as to what to focus on next.

But focus just on ONE thing until you reach that first goal.

11. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't have a girlfriend I have never had a girlfriend and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon. I have worked in becoming a better version of myself. I like myself and am proud of what I have been able to accomplish. I have a healthy view of women and want a long term mutual loving relationship. I found the perfect girl and she just wanted to be friends. I'm looking for a new girl but haven't found her yet. I'm optimistic for the future though. It's not impossible. Stay positive be the best you you can be and take advantage of opportunity.

nukan and Ruben J. Soto like this.