1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it necessary ?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Karaa_, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Karaa_

Karaa_ Fapstronaut

I've been dating someone lately, we've been friend for 2 years and she is my junior , i know her well like she knows me well, but i hid something from her, yep i didn't tell her im rebooting here,

Should i tell her the truth ?
    In my country even kissing is taboo so i have to wait till marriage comes

Sorry for bad english

2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

I feel like it isn't necessary for you to tell her this.

3. Karaa_

Karaa_ Fapstronaut

is that so ?
    thanks anyway

4. JKnight

JKnight Fapstronaut

I think that you need to do a bit of a cost/benefit analysis here. The price of telling her now vs the cost of telling her later when the relationship has developed. Obviously cultural elements must be taken into account. Make a list of the pros and cons of both scenarios and see which scenario wins. That would be the simple format I would use when deciding if it is necessary to disclose now.

Karaa_ and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

I think full disclosure to your partner is very important, and I think that it's necessary if you want a lasting, loving relationship that is build on honesty and trust.

Having said that, it's not necessary to tell her everything right away. I don't know how serious your relationship with her is, but I think the longer the two of you are together, the more of a burden it will be to hide this information from her.

So, I think you should tell her about your reboot, but I think you should use your best judgment about the time and setting in which you want to do that.

Karaa_ likes this.
  6. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

lol, it is up to you bud

Karaa_ likes this.