1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Involuntary hard mode

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by XD005, Nov 16, 2015.

1. XD005

XD005 Fapstronaut

Hello guys, I've mad up my mind to attempt another reboot.
    Mainly over something my cousin said about her betting I couldn't quit masturbating for a year. I wanted to prove her wrong, I talked her down to a month. A year really seems too long for hard mode but I want to go as long as possible. But here is where I'm asking you guys for help.

I've really chosen to do this mainly because I've become disgusted with some of my sexual habits. I've gotten into some truly disgusting stuff and its honestly really embarrassing to think about it. When the deed was done, I just felt like such a loser knowing that I just did "that" to myself or got off to that. I've also noticed I have a problem with death grip as well...

Anyway moving on, I've had a couple girlfriends, still a virgin but its been tough
    not having one for mostly the emotional aspect but also to help with other things.
    As weird as this sounds, I live with a bunch of women who regularly walk around in their underwear that can be a trigger for me sometimes. How do you guys usually cope with these feelings?

I'm trying to muster up the courage and start asking girls out so that won't be too much of a problem. So yeah...

2. Ameson2015

Ameson2015 Fapstronaut

You gotta sort yourself out first. Everyone thinks that's the solution to their problems - find a girlfriend and I'll be happy. No that's backwards. A relationship just makes you more of what you already are. And we attract what we are, not what we want. Co-dependant people find co-dependant partners, people with low self esteem attract partners with low self esteem, etc. etc.

If the only thing different in your life is that you aren't fapping, you'll fail. You gotta combine it with all the other key elements of self-improvement - focusing on your health - diet and exercise, building productive habits, self knowledge, career, etc. Throw away the fucking Xbox, quit watching TV, get outta the house.

I'm on 3 weeks now total hardmode. And in the beginning they key was staying busy. And I'm at a point now where I get the urge - I get turned on by something - but the results have been so profound that I just think man this is 21 days where can it go from here, no way I'm going to throw it away.

But it's all a choice. The amount of conscious thought that goes into going off and fapping after something triggers you - it's significant. So if you have a vision for the better lifestyle you can get by changing, and you have a sense of purpose there - it becomes much easier to stay the course.