1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introductions and vulnerability

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by P.i.T, Mar 16, 2019.

1. P.i.T

P.i.T New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, 28 y/o Singaporean male and I've been struggling with PMO since I was first exposed to it at around 11/12. I use it probably every other day and to be honest never really gave much thought to it until recently. I've been in a relationship for more than a year now with a wonderful girl who really cares about me. I've lied about my P consumption to her and I think what really pains me is that I think she really believes me. I started noticing my problem when I started to have difficulties O-ing when we're being intimate (I'm not sure if I have ever been "present" during sex) I guess this post is really a part of me finally admitting that I have a problem and I need to have it addressed.

Scouring some of the other posts on the forum, I read some things that I really identified with. The difficulties with arousal, emotionally numb after M (especially when I meet her on the same day) and to be honest, P is really affecting my relationship more than I would like to admit.

Outside of my relationship, when I read about the "brain fog" and concentration problems, I'm really wondering if it is affecting some of my work now. I do have concentration problems at times (especially with writing long reports) and sometimes it really feels like I'm "detached" from my work/activities in a weird way.

Well, here is the beginning of my commitment post, I started the counter yesterday morning, resisted the temptation last night and will definitely work towards rebooting. One step at a time, One day at a time!

Nugget9 and hope4healing like this.
  2. Welcome to the community. Keep reading and learning, you can do this.

P.i.T likes this.
  3. whatishappening???

whatishappening??? Fapstronaut

Congratulations on starting your journey to recovery! I just want to say you really shouldn't lie to your girlfriend about your problem. Lying is never good in a relationship. If you take the relationship seriously and you want it to continue, don't lie to her. Tell her the truth and be vulnerable with her, and if she really cares about you as you said, then she will be supportive and understanding, and it will help you to succeed because you aren't doing it alone. :)

Nugget9 likes this.