1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by WinterfellWolf, Aug 26, 2018.

1. WinterfellWolf

WinterfellWolf New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone! I am new to the NoFap community; I just created my account and am currently on Day 1 of my NoFap journey. I have decided to embark on a 90-day Monk Mode challenge because I believe that level will be most beneficial to me. I have been PMOing around 1-2 times per day (with frequent exceptions) for about 8 years and I have suffered from low confidence, social anxiety, general anxiety, depression, lack of concentration and motivation, and the biggest and most significant problem: PIED. I have tried to give up PMO in the past year but I always ended up having to reset. My longest streak was 22 days which I achieved a month ago but I ended up backsliding and have been in one-month relapse phase where I have been PMOing several times per day. I have gone periods of time where I had a one-week or two-week streak and then had to reset, so I have gotten a taste of the benefits but I have never set my mind to completing a specific challenge. I believe that 90 days will be incredibly challenging and I am very nervous as I am typing this right now but with your guys' support and a specific goal I believe I will be able to go the distance and accomplish a full reboot!

Rodion Raskolnikov likes this.
  2. PaulGuy

PaulGuy Fapstronaut

Hi WinterfellWolf, glad to meet you! It sounds like you have a lot of motivation for your journey and I applaud you for going whole-hog with Monk Mode, good luck with it! I'm sorry to hear about you suffering from anxiety and depression, but I hope this can give you a focal point for improving your life. I'll be on the watch for your progress, so do your best and focus on improving yourself.

Good luck and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

3. Hi, welcome! I'm sure you will achieve it, after all, you have done some important progress!!
    Remember to make extra effort not to fall into a PMO binge if you relapse. Sometimes our brain fools us with the argument of "We just relapsed, so it doesn't matter if its two or three more times". But we must know that it's a lie. It will always be easier to recover from a single-relapse than a binge-relapse.

I hope you reach your objective. Keep fighting!!!:emoji_fist::emoji_fist:

4. WinterfellWolf

WinterfellWolf New Fapstronaut

Thank you!! Day 5 right now and still going strong!

Rodion Raskolnikov likes this.