1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing myslef

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Sina, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Sina

Sina Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I'm Sina Mokhtari. A 16 year-old Iranian(Persian) teenager.

In my culture and religion masturbation has been deprecated and is a sin wheras I'm Muslim too. This thing is one of the biggest sins in Islam and unfortunately I'm addicted to it. I was researching about how to quit masturbation and I found this website.

I hope we can quit it together...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    AbnerT likes this.
  2. Sina - You are welcome here.

There is lots of help on this site. Encouragement, information and a community of people to give you advice.

Struggling with any sin is a problem for many. Since masturbation is one of the biggest sins in your religion, then I'd recommend talking with your spiritual adviser. Don't suffer this alone, find someone you can trust as a mentor in your mosque and confide in them. If they are really spiritual, the advice you get will be invaluable.

NoFap has a great "getting started" guide on the home page, I'd recommend downloading it and reading it a few times. It took me three or four reads to even start to see all the points come together.

3. Sina

Sina Fapstronaut

So useful, thanks a lot

4. Sina -

I know that many muslims are circumcised later in life. Either getting circumcised or perhaps having it done tighter and more "inner skin" removed would help.

L

5. Sina

Sina Fapstronaut

Yes, it's right

6. Sina

Sina Fapstronaut

7. Ayjaydubya

Ayjaydubya Fapstronaut

This is a great first step! I hope you find this forum a source for help and healing.

The solution is not to suppress our thoughts and desires, for this would be impossible; it would be like trying to keep a pot of water from boiling by pressing down tightly on the lid. The only sensible approach is to train ourselves to observe our thoughts without following them. This deprives them of their compulsive energy and is therefore like removing the pot of boiling water from the fire.
    ~ Thubten Yeshe, Introduction to Tantra

8. Sina

Sina Fapstronaut

Thank you so much !