1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by loneuglywolf, Aug 9, 2017.

1. loneuglywolf

loneuglywolf Fapstronaut

Hello,
    I made an account to finally kick my masturbation habit! This has been basically a three year (frustrating) process of my nofap journey with my longest streak (I think) being 59 days earlier this year. I've been a heavy masturbator since I was a teenager and didn't realize its negative affects until after college. Since then I have had many streaks and relapses but through the process have become better and have learned much about myself. Now at 26 and after a 59 day streak earlier this year, I am ready to make the big leap to complete a 365 day hard mode streak starting today! I believe I need this challenge and I know that I am fully capable of completing this. This is why I came here so I could do a better job of holding myself accountable. I just wanted to know about sex during hard mode and if anyone on here had any insight into that? I am looking forward to the transformation!

HappyDaysAreHereAgain likes this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

I think I'm not you're guy on that, as I'm unmarried and celibate. But if you look around the site, you'll see a lot of people talking about that subject.

I hope you keep coming back.

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. loneuglywolf

loneuglywolf Fapstronaut

I can just feel that I am ready to beat this by just not being a fucking pussy about it. Like I said I've had a 59 day streak and some other 30 and 40 days over the past few years but now I am totally over it. That's why I finally came here and made an account. I am looking forward to this journey. I have plenty of positive habits to occupy my mind and time. My only hurdle is teaching myself to not ejaculate during sex..I have some ideas but for now I am just going to put my energy towards other things and continue on my goal of 365 days and beyond of nofap!! I know I can do it.

5. RBYG_flag

RBYG_flag Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Personnaly, I find that fasting on water really helps to control the urge, it cleans your soul and you get to know more about yourself and why you have this addiction!

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

RBYG_flag likes this.
  7. RBYG_flag

RBYG_flag Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

thanks man, this post on tips and strategies is incredible and so complete!
    I had a question, Rebooting and Dating is not a really good idea right? At what point can we start dating normally and have a normal life, is it after 120 days or more? I know that everybody is different so it differs from every individual.
    Thanks man your words are encouraging!

8. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Because everyone is so different, it is impossible to say when you could be healthy to date. I would suggest not dating. Why would you knowingly want to place someone in your life when you are not at your best.

Take the time, heal yourself and when you have gotten to a place where you have understand when root cause of your issue and dealt with that, then consider dating. You will be a much stronger person for it.

9. RBYG_flag

RBYG_flag Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I thought that it is better to not date also for a while until I fell that I'm complete and ready! I met someone that could potentially be a date but I'll stay in the friend zone until I feel better with myself at least. Exactly, I wanna be the best version of myself to that other person.

Thanks, that's what I'm gonna do! I'll take my time to really understand my problem and deal with it before I move forward!

D . J . likes this.