1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by RyGuy, Mar 29, 2017.

1. RyGuy

RyGuy Fapstronaut

anyone else here try intermittent fasting? results?
    on day 2 with IF.

2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Fasting is good yes, I recommend it, it also helps with focus, as in, your focus is on quelling your hunger and not other mindless things.

3. I fast for 23 hours a day at the moment. Yea it does work. I'm not sure how much it effects fat loss, I think if anything not that much comparing to just general calorie deficit. But it gives insane energy, focus and once you get going huger is completely gone. I absolutely love the mental benefits of this. I would compare this to PMO fog that some people is talking about here. It's like when you stop PMO your mind gets clear. Your brain fog is gone. It's same with IF for me. World just seems a little bit more HD.

4. I currently do 16:8, so two meals with 4 hours in between each meal. I've enjoyed it. As for IF for fat loss the main benefit is insulin sensitivity and the smaller eating window helps you keep a caloric deficit. I wouldn't recommend IF though for anyone who has issues with binge eating.

A great article on IF can be found here:
    http://burnfatnotsugar.com/intermittent-fasting.html