1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm starting to live with loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Victor Auditore, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Victor Auditore

Victor Auditore Fapstronaut

First thing first let's introduce myself. I'm Victor, 21 year old virgin currently working full-time. I always have no clue of how to meet new friends and develop a relationship since I have social anxiety. Everytime when I want to hang out, I hang out with my biological brother since I have no friends in real life.

Recently I decided to remain single for the rest of my life. I think it's too soon to call since I'm only 21 but I think I'm starting to live with it. I am always alone but I can always have fun with this status so I made that decision.

Anybody have the same issue as I have? If so, are you accepting the fact and start adapting this type of life? Let's discuss.

2. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

Well, I've always been in a mindset where I'm okay with not being in a relationship, but at the same time, I would like to have one in the future. But this is different as you don't want to be in a relationship at all. There are pros and cons to it for sure, but I would recommend experimenting and trying out a relationship, but at the same time not jumping the gun. Then you have something to weigh and see what works better for you. Like I feel fine not being in a relationship, but I've been talking to this girl who I've always been friends with more and more recently and each time we talk to each other I fall for her more. So it depends on what you want. Just try new things. I'm 18 and I still have a life ahead of me. I want to live it. You should to at 21.

Supermarron and Victor Auditore like this.
  3. Victor Auditore

Thanks for sharing buddy. I have a female friend too but we're just remaining in texting phase since we're from different countries and I won't perceive her as my future girlfriend or something rather intimate. I just want to liberate those thoughts about relationships from my mind until the urge turns up.

4. jest

jest Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with getting used to being alone, however, know that there are many people that would most likely enjoy your company.

Who? You may ask.

Well, people will eventually show up in your life and I say get out of your comfort zone when they do.

I'm in a similar situation to yours, I mostly go out with my sister and I don't have a job and so I'm also getting used to it but I don't plan on doing this forever. Neither should you.

Supermarron likes this.
  5. @VictorAuditore Hello. My advice is we shouldn't choose loneliness just because we don't know how to make friends. We should choose something because we like it, not as a last resort. For instance, if we can't find a woman who cares about us, does that mean we have to marry a selfish one? I think we should continue our search and also look at ourselves - maybe the problem is with us and we should improve ourselves.

Reading your post, I understood that you don't want to be lonely and that you would actually like to have friends. If you don't know how to make friends, learn how to do it. There are great posts on this site and on the Internet about how to make friends. At first, all you have to do is search and read. Then you'll have to work and put ideas into practice - this is hard work and will take a lot of time. But the results will be worth your efforts and time. Many of us are or used to be in the same situation.

Good luck!

Supermarron likes this.
  6. Victor Auditore

Thanks for sharing and such support buddies. I appreciate it but at this moment I rather keep my focus on my job than anything. If I want to make friends I will look for help in this friendly community.

7. I am pretty sure you wont stay alone for the rest of your life if you meet enough people. I am 25. Pretty much the same story as you until I was 24. Nothing changed much after that except for that I lost my V-card. I have several different anxiety disorders so social situations isnt really my strongest side. I am extremely introverted. I like total silence. People talking often irritates me. With that said, people are social beings so even the most introverted person like me and you like the occasional chat. Dont overthink it. Talk whenever you feel like you have something to say. The first step is to make friends.

8. I can totally relate to how that feels bro. I've been stuck with social anxiety too and talking to people is so difficult that when I do, it feels like I've climbed Everest or something! Been working on this and trying to open up to people because I like it better when I'm around people, the right kind of course.

I have made the decision to be single too though nothing is concrete yet because I don't wanna commit to something because of loneliness. I'd suggest you think well before taking that decision because you need to verify if you're doing it because you've given up getting a life partner because of social anxiety or if you're truly comfortable alone. I used to avoid people and think I'm good alone because I didn't have the courage to open up :/ But that applies to just friendship. I still think I wanna be single forever, don't want anyone. That being said, be happy no matter what path you choose : )

9. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

You are 21. There is a whole world out there to explore. Don't decide on anything yet.

10. Victor Auditore

Time will tell if my decision is right. Thanks for the reply buddy.

11. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Don't give up so fast. I'm 40 and single. Finding love isn't easy and sometimes to find it means having your heart broken a few times. In order to win in the game of life you have to play not sit on the bench. I had a severe disability through HS and it wasn't until college that I started to enter the world myself. It's not until we face our fears that we truly become adults. Fear kills too much dreams and people. What's the worst thing she says? No. Join the club every dude has been turned down in his life.

robertgianni1976 likes this.
  12. 3MichaelJMJ

3MichaelJMJ Fapstronaut

I am a 27 year old that has been in quite a few relationships, and you know what? I'm lonely. Relationships for sex or to just fill you up will only break you more. Be happy a women hasn't messed you up that way yet. Everyone's felt that lonely desparing feeling. Relationships aren't what they used to be... "Progress" has really distorted what love really is... Men and women these days are going to have a hard time finding the satisfaction in a relationship like our grandparents and beyond. If you are interested in celibate life, it is supposedly very rewarding and freeing. Why not consider a religious vocation, which would allow you to help others in ways a man attatched to sex couldn't. If you really stick it out, there is the potential for you to become very wise!

EverydayIsANewChance likes this.
  13. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing Victor. Do you have hobbies? Maybe you can join a group where everyone has the same hobby?

14. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

I am learning to be happy alone. I was not happy alone before, but I feel an improvement in my energy. People giving me more opportunities to talk and taking full advantage. I can adjust easier into situations. I'm practicing how to tease without coming off negatively.To see how long I can stretch the conversation. I went out Saturday night, granted it was not the best scenario lot of negative things around (bad neighborhood, drinking , drugs). I was talking to a girl at a get together, about craft beers and had a good time. I was keeping mind to have louder voice and to have a smile.
    Learning how to be happy alone indirectly helped me with being sociable. I'm always under construction!

Lastly I read bio brothers then looked at the diaz brothers avatar completely imagined you guys as them.