1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm just better when I'm in a relationship

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DBug, Sep 24, 2016.

And you?

1. Yeah, definitely better.

63.6%
  2. Nah.

36.4%
  1. DBug

DBug Fapstronaut

Granted it's been a while but I was able to do better at school, was happier and more relaxed, had more energy and charisma. Even in the second one where I didn't actually have strong feelings for her and no sex.

What about you?
    Do you change when in a relationship?
    In what ways?
    Why do you think that is?

2. I've always been a single pringle. Maybe you fapped less when you were in one? I think that you ought to be careful of making them out to be more than they are and basing your happiness on them. If they fail you or your single for a while it could then hurt.

3. If I had to analyze it I would say being in a relationship can bring a sense of self-worth into your life. Someone has chosen to be with you which means someone thinks you're worth being with. That can have a positive impact on your life and help you appreciated yourself more. Then you take that appreciation and use it as motivation to better yourself in other aspects of your life. In a loving relationship you use this to not only better yourself but primarily for the benefit of the person you love.

DBug likes this.
  4. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Most are better off in a relationship.

However, I gain a certain view of life and the world from being solitary that a relationship-bound person cannot see.

DBug likes this.
  5. Lol single Pringle :p

I actually think in a lot of ways I was better when I was single, because I was taking a lot of time to really focus on bettering myself. Partially to be a good, attractive potential "mate" for someone, but also partially just to embrace singleness and not be so hung up on trying to find a man.

That being said, I can still focus on bettering myself, now. But I think being married, in some ways, makes me more complacent in that department. Like I've already found a man who loves me even at my worst, so why try to better myself even more? That's flawed thinking, of course, but it's the instinct that comes out.

SMK and DBug like this.
  6. theRegenerator

theRegenerator Fapstronaut

I would say "DEFINITELY YES" for me. About this time last year I had a similar nofap period of about a month or even more and during this time I started to talk to a girl, caught some really hard feelings for her and I can swear that was the best period of my life so far.. Even if it only lasted for about a month because she decided to go back to her ex(which hurt me, made me go back to fapping and one year later, I'm just starting to see some progress in my hearth ache) but during that month I felt like I had super human powers although we didn't had sex or anything. Idk but just having her virtually around all the time made my days better(virtually because there was some distance between us and we didn't see each other that much). I felt more motivated, I was "high" all the time, full of energy, ready to move mountains with my bare hands, that month was the best ever but you know.. After the best, comes the worst.. Which was almost all this year but now I'm recovering in hard mode and can see some big progress

Krutonpalmer3 and DBug like this.
  7. I think this is always true but only in the "transition phase": from being alone to being together. This phase can last a few years if you are lucky.
    The more and better the sex the more intense, and shorter, the transition phase is.
    I'd also add that what ruined being alone for me most of the time was that I was borderline obsessed with wanting to be in a relationship.
    In the end happiness is about living in the now and being fully aware of your surroundings, for some, the very few, relationships may help with this, for most of us tho relationships are more like drugs.

Krutonpalmer3 and StepsReborn like this.