1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ignoring my SO on nofap

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Cbelle41, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Cbelle41

Cbelle41 Fapstronaut

So I asked this in the tech support forum
    But I'm not sure if itll be seen there.

If I put my SO on my ignore list, does this block him from seeing my posts and comments and vice versa ?

I accidentally stumbled on a comment my SO made. I didnt remember his full username but he had told me before. But when I saw it it rang a bell. I revisited all urges to look at his personal journal ( that was HARDDDDD) but his comment bothered me, we talked about it and up until I knew about the ignore feature i going to delete my account.
    But I really don't wanna do that as I don't have really anyone else to talk to about these issues.

Any guidance would he helpful, thanks.

hope4healing likes this.
  2. I can't answer about how the 'ignore' feature works, but if it doesn't block the way you'd like, he could request a username change. Tell him you don't want to know his new one. It would suck to lose such a great source of support just because of something like this. I hope you're able to resolve it without deleting your account.

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  3. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

No, he would have to ignore you also, which I think is a really dumb flaw. If you "ignore" someone on these forums, it should be like blocking them - you can't see them and they can't see you. But the ignore button just means you can't see him.

4. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

One potential solution is to just agree to not read each other's journals? It would mean that you might stumble across each other's posts in other threads but that might be interesting anyway?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  5. I think that's exactly what happened to cause the problem in the first place.

6. Cbelle41

Cbelle41 Fapstronaut

Thank you. I agree it should be possible to completely block someone like on fb

7. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Found the journal post, tricky :-(

hope4healing likes this.