1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If you can't stay happy by yourself, you can't be happy in a relationship

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Peace Seeker, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:

Do you agree?

1. Strongly Agree

2. Agree

3. Disagree

4. Strongly disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Peace Seeker

Peace Seeker Fapstronaut

I feel that if you can't be happy when you've got nobody by your side, you can't stay happy regardless. In other words, staying happy is just a state of mind and one should try to stay happy always. What do you think?

2525 likes this.
  2. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

I think that's somewhat true. It's more about your personal insecurities negatively impacting your relationship. And the way you manage stress in day-to-day life. You need your own outlets and solo activities. That works for both partners. Sometimes you realize you start or stay in a relationship for the wrong reasons.

2525 likes this.
  3. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

Agree 100%. Counting on other people to fulfil your life is selfish and just leads to bad relationships. I would argue that long term relationships only work if you've got your own life figured out enough to actively want to help your partner fulfil their life, with no expectation of reciprocation.

4. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Agreed. It's not about what we can take from others to make ourselves happy, but what we can give to the other.

Spiff likes this.