1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Idealizing a girl...that's my main problem

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by LionHart, Jun 11, 2017.

1. LionHart

LionHart Fapstronaut

Today I discovered why I can't find a girlfriend...simply, I don't want to have one.
    When I see a girl I like, I just admire her, and I immediately idealize her...and I don't want to know her, because I fear that she reveals to be too "normal" , and I will be disappointed.
    So I fall in love with the imagine of her that's in my head, and not ,with the real her!
    Why the fuck does my mind make a stupid game like that? What's the point of it? Why I am so afraid of loving somebody?

Can anyone of you relate to this situation? Please let me know your personal experiences or your thoughts.

2. _soul

_soul Fapstronaut

Yes, I can relate. There is this girl in my neighbourhood that kind of got my attention. When we talked for the first time, we exchanged names, said what kind of music we listen.. and that was basically it. That was about 2 years ago. I still see her from time to time when she walks her dog on the street. My own problem is that I just observe her without actually doing anything. I went to take out the trash the other day, while she was waiting for the bus at the station. I barely could say Hi to her. Either it's my shame or lack of courage, but I simply can't seem to do anything about that, that wouldn't make me look awkward. Or that's just my imagination.

I think we give them too much "importance" in our minds, so that when we actually meet them or just stand close to them, our brain just breaks.

I say, don't create any kind of "image" of her in your head. Just try to get to know the actual her.

What's wrong with normal? o_O

Life is nothing like what you see on the TV.

jest and LionHart like this.
  3. You probably get a high from the illusion that you like the girl and do not want to be intimate with her. You feel that she might not like you if you are vulnerable or you open up to her. This is one of the symptoms of PMO and sex addiction. It's best if you try getting to know her and see how you feel then. As for her being too 'normal', we all have judgements about a person when we notice them for the first time but remember that not everyone is perfect.

LionHart likes this.
  4. icewizard

icewizard Fapstronaut

It's impossible for girls to be ideal. They rot and shit and piss and fart and secrete disgusting fluids from a smelly hole once a month and its in their nature to go after men only for their resources. If you think a girl ever truly loves you for who you are, you're a fool because she'll probably grow tired of you or try to control you and turn you into a possession, if she can't control you she'll leave you. A lot more than this to it but don't feel typing more. All girls are whores. If you're interested in women, get money first, and then fuck bitches. Don't chase women, chase money!

5. @LionHart, don't worry about idealizing women. Men have been doing this for thousands of years. Women also tend to idealize men as much as we do, but for different reasons. For instance, a man will see a particular woman he likes as sweet, forgiving and generous, whereas a woman will see a man as strong, self-confident and loyal.

Your idealizing women can actually help you, because you have a clearer idea about what kind of girlfriend you're looking for. But you have to stop fantasizing and masturbating. Real life is not about thinking, it's about doing. Also, don't just try to get the girl you want, but try to become the man you'd like to be. Go out, travel, interact with people and learn from those who are more experienced.

I hope you don't mind if I give you some 'homework': for 24 hours, try not to have any kind of thoughts. Of course, if you have to do your homework or figure out how to fix something, you'll need your brain, particularly the intellectual type of thinking. Limit your thinking to practical stuff (homework, talking to your parents or friends, etc). When you're alone, watching TV, reading a book, or simply doing nothing, chase away any thoughts. If you want to lie in bed awake or go to sleep, go ahead, but don't think of anything. It's difficult, but it's a good way to force yourself to become more active and less thoughtful.

LionHart likes this.
  6. icewizard

icewizard Fapstronaut

Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks.