1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wonder if hot,hot baths are harming my testosterone levels.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Slick Willie, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Fapstronaut

I'm stuck taking bathes till I get our bathroom remodeled and I like em hot.
    I'm worried thou that heat might be bad for sperm. I suppose I could Google it.

2. I enjoy hot baths, very much and the time to reflect on things, while on the tub.
    BUT, I quit doing them after reading it's bad for your manhood.
    I can't recall what exactly is the science behind it, but it's not recommended for men.
    Cold showers on the other hand, are very recommended!

3. rickyracks

rickyracks Fapstronaut

The body is hot, and in hot water your balls overheat and it kills your sperm. In cold water, it actually helps create a comfortable environment for your balls, which boosts sperm production and testosterone.

4. No way. I love hot baths! They make me feel super-good.

5. Hot water around your testes kills your sperm (but don't depend on this for birth control!).

It's temporary. No harm comes from it, and it's definitely not long term.

6. Dont listen to all this stupid answers, hot bath dont kill all ur spermatozoon the body isnt that weak. Whzn u are having a hot bath (u mean japanese hansen ?) the production of spermatozoon is slowing down it doent kill it or harm it. Maybe there are some risk if u spend the entire day in ur hot bath :D

Professor Abraham likes this.
  7. Look it up. Frequent hot baths (or other hot sources such as saunas) do indeed significantly reduce not only sperm motility but also sperm count.

But, it's temporary. There is no damage, and no long-term problem. If you're trying for a baby, avoid hot baths, saunas, and tight trousers for at least a month, preferably longer.

Mr.Shaman likes this.
  8. Well i think that it depends on a lot of factors like the frequency, the time ur spending in, the temperature etc

9. The main research tested men who bathed once daily. There is other research. You can look it up — it's available through Google.

Yep u do likes this.
  10. THEBEATPOLICE

THEBEATPOLICE Fapstronaut

Do you have to have an account with this "Google" to look it up? Does it cost money?

Clarke likes this.
  11. No! Just go to Google and search.
    I imagine that you could also use Bing, Siri, Cortana, Baidu, etc.