1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish someone told me about tongue posture years ago.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moogie, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

I look a lot better after I learned proper tongue posture. I also talk better and look taller.

Do most people work on their tongue posture?

2. The position of your tongue makes you look taller? lmao

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

No, it’s all in his head.

4. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

It raises your head by resting your tongue at the roof of the mouth. Look on the internet

5. I probably have terrible tongue posture, and its probably why I have a lisp. But whatevs.

6. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Ever since I learned proper tongue posture, women throw themselves at me... I got a great new job... my bank account is just through the roof (coincidentally like the way I place my tongue on the roof of my mouth). Things are just effortless and amazing. It's all thanks to proper tongue posture.

I know I know... this all seems like it's too good to be true especially on the internet.... but for just 3 easy payments of $200 I will personally show you through 12 modules (50 hours each) how to train your tongue posture so that it will elevate your life. I save you all the trial and errors of trying to learn these techniques by yourself and show you the way to the top (of your mouth and of your life) right away.

Yours truly,
    Elevate.

7. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Not sure if the OP was joking or not.

In Taoism it is said that our Governing and Conception meridians connect when the tongue meets the palate. Tongue placement is also important in Hinduist meditation practices (ie. Yoga). What these traditions are talking about are subtle movements of energy (chi, prana) through the body. Our problem in the west is that we've become desensitized to our bodies except on the gross physical level. That's why things like tongue posture and energy movements seem ridiculous, like woo woo metaphysical fantasies. To someone with deeper awareness of their body these things are very real and significant. I can't say I'm there myself, but I have felt the importance of tongue placement for the Microcosmic Orbit meditation.

{ Ben } likes this.
  8. This thread is hilarious :emoji_sweat_smile:

TenderCrisp likes this.
  9. As a linguist, I don't care about my tongue posture. It's already way too flexible. Not that it simply doesn't want to listen to me and flies wherever it wants. Not at all...

10. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

OP, I don't understand what you are walking about. Can you explain a bit?

When I first heard of nofap, my reactions match the replies of this thread perfectly. So, I want to jump to conclusions only after OP explains what he is really talking about.

11. This is not a cunnilingus thread...lol

Idk weird topic, but now can't stop thinking about what to do with my tongue. Roof of the mouth...bottom of the mouth...nothing feels right anymore...lol

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I am confused...

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

tsk tsk tsk... that's extremely serious. You my friend need to see a therapist! better yet, an exorcist.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Since you're Portuguese you probably use your tongue more than those of us who only speak English. Really if anyone wants to use their tongue more they should learn to speak a foreign language like Dutch, Spanish, French or Indonesian.

15. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

LOL where did you get the idea that he's Portuguese???

16. Ew
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding love the Netherlands and most people Ive met there

17. I'm sure he said he was Portuguese in a post somewhere.

Well, you still use your tongue more than us lazy people who only speak English.